Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here. I've been googling information on this engine, every time I type something in, this forum pops up. Figured I'd better join up. Anyway, like I said above, I recently purchased this engine, it was one of those deals that was to good to turn down. The engine only has 250 hours and looks brand new. I plan on putting this engine in a self propelled hay baler. I'm good on the mechanical end of it, the install should be pretty simple, I've got plenty of room to work with. My biggest concern/hurdle is tapping into the ecm. I've got the ecm and engine wiring harness. I need to go from the ecm to the opperators platform for start,stop and throttle control. So far cummins hasn't been much help, at this point I plan on finding the appropriate plug to fit the ecm and just build it as I need it. My question is, what all functions need to be hooked up in order to make this thing run? I had hoped to not tap into the qauges and just use my existing mechanical gauges. Sorry if my questions seem dumb, ecm's and electrical certainly aren't one of my strong suits. I'm determined to install this engine and make it run though. Thanks for any advice or knowledge that'll be shared. Seems like a pretty cool forum with alot of knowledgeable people.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a couple of the QSB3.3 motors and a pretty good background in the throttle control side of the ECMS. Your wiring will depend on what type of ECM you have. Some have a digital throttle i.e. only Idle or Wide Open. Others have a regular throttle control but then there are potentially a few different types of inputs that it might be looking for. I have a full set of plugs for the ECM's that I have they are probably the same as yours. Also have the throttle sensor for the most common type of input. See if you can pull up the build from cummins quikserve and it should say what type of ECM you have.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Here's a list of the parts I used to build the wiring harness for the Bosch CM2150 ECM on my 2007 QSB3.3T

Wiring Harness Main Connector - Deutsch DRC26-60S-06 (Quantity 1)
Wiring Harness Terminals for Main Connector - 0462-201-2031 (Quantity ~50)
Wiring Harness Power Connector - DTP06-4S (Quantity 1)
Wiring Harness Power Connector Retainer - WP-4S (Quantity 1)
Wiring Harness Terminals for Power Connector - 0462-203-12141 (Quantity 4)
Wiring Harness Service Connector - HD10-9-1939PE (Quantity 1)
Wiring Harness Terminals for Service Connector - 0460-202-1631 (Quantity 9)
Assorted 12 gauge and 18 gauge GXL insulated wiring for harness

1 - 3 of 3 Posts