Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what year of dodge 205 do I need to bolt onto the 47rh transmission? got a 89 Chevy 205 but I either need a new input shaft, (where to get), or find the right dodge case. i'd prefer to just get the input shaft, but haven't located one yet.

·
Registered
500 Posts
what year of dodge 205 do I need to bolt onto the 47rh transmission? got a 89 Chevy 205 but I either need a new input shaft, (where to get), or find the right dodge case. i'd prefer to just get the input shaft, but haven't located one yet.
I think the dodge has a 29spline input, Chevy were all 32 spline somewhere around 85 and up.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well did some more digging, and can't use the dodge 23 spline input in my 205. mine is from a th400, and has the 32 spline, which uses a larger bearing. the easiest is to get a 205 with a round 6 bolt pattern from a dodge 1ton, i'd say 85ish to 93. older than that and it will have the wierd 8bolt racetrac bolt pattern like the chevy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
well did some more digging, and can't use the dodge 23 spline input in my 205. mine is from a th400, and has the 32 spline, which uses a larger bearing. the easiest is to get a 205 with a round 6 bolt pattern from a dodge 1ton, i'd say 85ish to 93. older than that and it will have the wierd 8bolt racetrac bolt pattern like the chevy.

Yes you can, swap the bearing too.

Dodge 205's have the racetrack pattern. They use a Dodge adapter and a male-to-male drive sleeve.

I'm doing this swap w/23spl. stuff, to a 47re. There is a big problem that needs to be addressed:

The 241HD that came w/the motor had a female input, and used a seal in the 47re tailhousing to seal it up. The 205's drive sleeve is too big to use that seal. So the tailhousing needs to be sealed up somehow, and a bigger seal put on top of that to keep all the ATF in the tailhousing. :D

I think I've got it figured out, and if I do, Summit Machine here in UT will be making some nice seal plates for whoever wants them. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts