Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for peoples experience with using 2nd gen dodge mounts on a 4bt. I was going to use them but have heard so much about the P30 mounts that I would like info from people who have used these mounts(2nd gen dodge) and can tell me what they are really like. I am sure other people would like to know too. I don't really want anecdotal evidence.:tongue:

Gaza

·
Registered
22 Posts
There's only one problem with using 2nd gen 6BT engine mounts with the 4BT. The starter motor gets in the way.

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,633 Posts
Is that with a chevy a dodge or both?

Gaza
Both.

When Cummins shortened the 6B to make the 4B they removed no 5 & 6, from the rear. So now the mid mounts are rear mounts. Thats why people most make custom mounts for whatever isolaters they choose to use. Now you could make custom mounts that fit the front attachments points that use the second gen isolaters, that would be unique.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have been thinking about the 2nd Gen mounts also. I would think the fabbing brackets for the front mounts you be the better way to go. Just need to find some mounts.

Andrew

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes I did have to switch LH to RH & RH to LH . I think their going to work OK. The motor isn't running yet but we'll see. The starter fits really nice in there & also the dipstick . I am using the Dodge flywheel hsg adapter & the NV4500.

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,633 Posts
Yes I did have to switch LH to RH & RH to LH . I think their going to work OK. The motor isn't running yet but we'll see. The starter fits really nice in there & also the dipstick . I am using the Dodge flywheel hsg adapter & the NV4500.
Swap the left side to the right and vice versa, now why didn't I think of that.
OK so they will fit with a little bit if girinding and fitting. Good show.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I stand corrected! To me it just didn't look like they would work! Cool! That might come in handy for the next repower.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts