Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI there are other options for diesel swaps . This 3.0 liter International Powerstroke I4,16 valve waste gate turbo diesel . Very reliable engine and plentiful in South America . 163 hp and 320 fp torque . Stage 2 ecu reflash . 210 hp and 400 fp torque . Factory spec 3 inch exhaust with no cat converter just 1 muffler. No emissions crap . I average 28 mpg hammering . Can get over 32 mpg driving easy . Was thinking of exporting these power trains from Brasil to USA if there is interest

video of truck:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI there are other options for diesel swaps . This 3.0 liter International Powerstroke I4,16 valve waste gate turbo diesel . Very reliable engine and plentiful in South America . 163 hp and 320 fp torque . Stage 2 ecu reflash . 210 hp and 400 fp torque . Factory spec 3 inch exhaust with no cat converter just 1 muffler. No emissions crap . I average 28 mpg hammering . Can get over 32 mpg driving easy . Was thinking of exporting these power trains from Brasil to USA if there is interest

video of truck:
20 pounds boost prior to reflash. 25 pounds boost after reflash. Truck is a blast to drive now with the added power .

·
Registered
11,272 Posts
That's a bit odd. Here in the US, the 3.0 Powerstroke is a V6, not an I4. Came out in the 2018 F150 and power is listed as 250 HP and 440 lb ft torque. Fuel mileage is listed as 20-25 MPG. It's not made by international. I can't find an IHC engine you mention in the US. I thought South American Fords were using a Cummins 4 cylinder. Do you have an IHC model number for that engine?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a bit odd. Here in the US, the 3.0 Powerstroke is a V6, not an I4. Came out in the 2018 F150 and power is listed as 250 HP and 440 lb ft torque. Fuel mileage is listed as 20-25 MPG. It's not made by international. I can't find an IHC engine you mention in the US. I thought South American Fords were using a Cummins 4 cylinder. Do you have an IHC model number for that engine?
The powerstroke 3.0 I4 engine was in production in Argentina 2006-2012. The current ranger diesel 2013 to 2020 is an i5 duratorque Italian engine . The I4 was never available in North America . Also you are correct the larger ford trucks here F250, F350, 450 etc all have a Cummings I4 I believe it is a 3.9 liter . I will try and find a specific website with the specs on this engine . The reason I mention it as it would be a much easier swap than the Cummings. Practically bolt in plug in harness and go . Also the 3.0 I4 powerstroke makes more power , torque and gets better fuel mileage than the I4 Cummings 4BT

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The powerstroke 3.0 I4 engine was in production in Argentina 2006-2012. The current ranger diesel 2013 to 2020 is an i5 duratorque Italian engine . The I4 was never available in North America . Also you are correct the larger ford trucks here F250, F350, 450 etc all have a Cummings I4 I believe it is a 3.9 liter . I will try and find a specific website with the specs on this engine . The reason I mention it as it would be a much easier swap than the Cummings. Practically bolt in plug in harness and go . Also the 3.0 I4 powerstroke makes more power , torque and gets better fuel mileage than the I4 Cummings 4BT
Here is the link to the engine It is an International NGD 3.0E Powerstroke http://www.saltore.com.bo/Recursos/manuales/MWM/AT_NGD_30E.pdf

·
Registered
272 Posts
Rolf R are you in Brazil , & is that manual in Portuges , or Spanish ,& is it available in English , it looks to be very detailed , & it is a good looking motor , I know a man in California, who is interested in diesels , he builds Land Cruisers . But the price would have to be right

·
Super Moderator
8,740 Posts
Looks interesting. Is it related to any other engines (industrial, agricultural etc) that would help with things like gearbox fitment?

My country (New Zealand) got a 3.0 4 cylinder diesel in the previous Ford Ranger. But it had a VNT turbo. Is it the same engine?

edit I found this 3.0 commonrail diesel is a Mazda WEC only used in Mazda built pickups. It's not part of Ford or MWM. /edit

·
Registered
11,272 Posts
The big issue would be how would you get one. This engine is built by MWM International Motors in Brazil which is owned by Navistar. It was also built under license by DCD in China. No application anywhere in the USA or most any other countries. Basically, South America and China are the only places it was used. It would probably be hard to even import one into the USA since it has no EPA certification.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts