Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title sounds! I am using all the drivetrain out of a 1994 dodge diesel to build my jeep.
I started off with a stock 1990 YJ and gutted the drivetrain. I currently have the dana 60 front and 70 rear mocked up with the 4bt, 47rh auto, and NP241 mated and begging to go in. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wish I had some before pictures to show, but I lost my camera and only have more recent cell-phone pics. Below is the rear Dana 70 installed with a Blue Torch Fab stretch kit and stock(used) XJ springs. I plan to change the springs with new as soon as I get the powertrain set.

Sorry, no pics yet! I don't have the 10 post count to externally link to photobucket:(

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Have you thought of mounting the Jeep body on the Dodge frame after shortening it to the desired wheel base? My TJ really has a lot of frame flex due to engine torque.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked into doing it this way and just couldn't convince myself it was a better plan. From what I remember the frame width was the deciding factor to not got this route.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i am doing the same setup with an 01 tj and using all the drivetrain from a 93 dodge. have you mocked up the drivetrain to see how long the rear shaft will be? my motor is sitting lower than i wanted but it was needed to clear the nv4500 and trans case. i am using the genright 4" stretch kit, which i installed tonight. is your rear axle going to hit the tank?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't got the drivetrain in the jeep yet. I'm waiting on a slip yoke eliminator to continue. The SYE is supposed to save me another 9" of length in the transfercase. I got closer to 8" of stretch using the BTF kit, there was no way I could reuse the fuel tank. The stock axle nearly hit the fuel tank stretched this far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts