Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a 36in x 6in stack out of my bad and am wondering if i should run 3.5 exhaust or run 4 inch what would be the advantages and disadvantages of the bigger vs smaller exhausts. Wait till you guys see the pics of stack Its bad A$$:happyfinger:

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
I am running a 36in x 6in stack out of my bad and am wondering if i should run 3.5 exhaust or run 4 inch what would be the advantages and disadvantages of the bigger vs smaller exhausts. Wait till you guys see the pics of stack Its bad A$$:happyfinger:
Personally, I'd run the 4", if just for appearance. Anything smaller than that looks wrong to me somehow. (And to look really "correct", they will need a chromed / polished stainless "heat shield" wrapped around 'em..) Now, that 4" can run into clearance issues, so under the truck might have to be 3".

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
For the most part all conversions have 3'' down pipes to clear the firewall after that than a 4 '' can be used .

My truck has a stock dodge down pipe until I get past the np205 t-case and then it goes into a 4'' 10 ft long pipe and a 5'' tip.

Scott

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've got 3 1/2 from the turbo back to the 4" stack. I had 3 1/2 laying around so that is what I used, I would have rather used 4" all the way though.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I am running a 36in x 6in stack ..... Wait till you guys see the pics of stack Its bad A$$ :happyfinger:

All the ******* hillbillys around here with diesel trucks have 5" or larger stacks.
In my own personal opinion, anything over 4" on a pickup truck looks like ass, not "bad ass" at all.

·
Registered
500 Posts
All the ******* hillbillys around here with diesel trucks have 5" or larger stacks.
In my own personal opinion, anything over 4" on a pickup truck looks like ass, not "bad ass" at all.
Gonna have to agree on that one. Even the big rigs with 6" + Stacks look odd from a distance, but, in the end it's all proportional.

Speaking of proportional, I saw a crown vic earlier this week that had 24" wheels that had more ground clearance than my 2500HD :p. That's just sad IMO :puke:

·
Registered
854 Posts
That looks OK. Yeah, what muffler? Got a bigger picture?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts