Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ill be the first to post here. Gona do my best over the next year to build a 350hp 4b with a inline pump:D Any thoughts. I have an idea of the route im gona go but lets see what yall think. Hey cruiser Im in ogden and i thought i was the only one here in utah that thought like this. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
4bt

I'm in NM & just bought a P pumped 4bt . I have plans for it but as finances permit I'll be able to start . I have another 4bt in a 70 chevy 4x4 I'm planning on starting the motor any time now. I'd like to know what your going to do to yours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
heres a couple of my plans

well its all still in the works as the engine is hopfully going to the machine shop for a working over in the next couple of weeks. anywho. the block is getting bored .040 over to get rid of the scoring from 2 broken pistons rings. I am having them balance and blue print everything. Im still working on piston choice and have a couple of places working on cam options. The head is going to get ported and polished, I am going to use the hd valve springs for a 12v 6b(hoping to get aroud 3500rpm out of this engine) I already have a set 390 injectors and the pump is going to be sent out to industial injection at some point to be reworked with bigger dilivery valves. I plan to use an air to air ic, the hx35 that was removed from my 99 ram as a start(possibly twins if i can get enough fuel) and an nv4500 and plant the whole thing in either a cj7 or 80s model k5 blazer. Im in a similar boat as you on the finace thing but im hoping to have the engine done by the end of summer. anyway i have to get going but i will try to stay up to date on these posts.

·
Registered
137 Posts
hey, I'm in UT too, Tooele... and there's another guy in Ogden that's going to have to sign up here LOL... wants to 4bt his PowerWagon.

I think it's the water.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
cool sorry I missed this, beer to Utah.. LOL.. Cool though, good to know there is a good local contingency.. If anyone has any leads on some blown up 6BTs. I am actually trying to find a few parts off a Gen 1 intercooled 6BT if possible (1993ish)..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts