Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I do it right I will post some pics.
39 chevy pick-up with turbo 3.9.
I am almost done and will have some parts left over for sale.
I will post to see if anyone wants them.
Let me know what you think.
Ps this is just a shakedown install i am working on a big power 4bta to be added once we know the frame and ect. will take it.
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
I have been putting off posting until I had it running but I figured what the heck.
It will be running in the next couple days.
I was holding off for my big p-pump but my small a-pump will have to do for now.

·
Registered
477 Posts
That is exactly what I wanted to do when I started my '62 project. I couldn'g find a cab for a decent price and strayed to something newer. The frame construction on a truck like yours seems like more work but I have so many mods in my frame that a scratch built for a rat would have been easier.
That's my dream your building.

·
Registered
335 Posts
feelin kind of ratty

Well everybody said I was crazy when I went from puting the 4bt in the wrangler, to a 51 ford rat rod prodject that I have out back. I guess that it shows there are crazy people in every town...LOL Looking at your ride makes me wish that I had stuck the the 51 instead of the race truck. Oh well, still have the 51 and there is always next year. Looks great man, definatly keep up with the picks, and keep us posted. :smokin:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your positive replys.
I am shooting for starting it this week.
I will keep you posted with info and pics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well got smoke this weekend.
Should be taking it down the road later this week.
I found my lokar shifter would not work anymore so new parts are on the way.
Here are some more pics. just shot with a camera phone will get better ones later.
Also i have a video ,short not real good ,but will share it if anyone wants to help with how to post it.
Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
now, i bet that thing's loud! is that the final mounting for the exhaust? looks like a killer setup.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
That's pretty cool. Also check out Chassis Engineering's 4BT in a land speed record car they are building. Can't remember what the body is but I think a 20's Ford. Anyway, pretty neat I dig it! Certainly unique!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are talking about steve's car.Yes I know it. Steve has been the biggest help in this build.I was able to get hooked up with some pretty serious people for the next motor because of steves help and the diesel streamliner crew.
As for exhaust don't know yet here is a pic with a 7in stack.
who knows I never leave stuff alone.

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
AWSOME!
I want it bad!
Where you located? Headed to the Springfield MO NSRA show in 2 weeks? I Hope! I gotta see it in person.

·
Registered
212 Posts
wow

That is disgusting!!! In a good way of course. Awesome awesome work. I've never been a fan of the rat rod but this one takes the cake.

Can't wait to see a post of it on you tube. What mods have you made to the engine and what are you expecting for power?

·
Registered
3 Posts
that is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. I was just telling a guy at work, that is doing a 4bt in an 84 Bronco, how cool it would be to put one in a ratrod. Very inspiring, can't wait for the video

·
Registered
477 Posts
I drew one last year built from an old Dodge power wagon. It was a similar setup, but yours is life looks better than the cartoonish drawing I made. I did the drawing before I owned a 4bt. I thought it would take a bigger truck to handle it. After buying the motor I'm playing with I see that a truck like yours is a much better way to go. Rat Rods are in! I wish I had the time to join you and start a new Diesel Rat rage, but I can't find the time to finish my conversion in the garage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks everyone!! Got it running today and really neat. I went around town to bring it home and the neck jerking was amazing.
From the pack of bikes going by to everyone at the ice cream stand,
Mabe me feel good everyone was looking and pointing.
Still working on little things but only one leak on first start up tightened it and good to go.
I have more pics. and alot better ones.
I have 3 videos but no way to post them.
Guess i need to look into that other site for the videos.
If anyone who is all set up wants to help i will e-mail you the videos.
Let me know or as soon as i can i wll sign up.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
COOL!! :dustin:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts