Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
hello
have available a backup of my ECU Cummins Ford F-250 here in Brazil if someone wants to can send. my calibration this around 300hp.
the nozzle bosch guns are 0445120212
and the pump CP3 0445020007
okay

Leandro
Hi Leandro, I have an ISBe170. What motor is your 300hp tune made for?
I'd be interested in a copy of it, if it is made for my ISBe170.
Thanks, Gene

·
Registered
313 Posts
Wait a second - are you guys saying that you can get F250's with 4BT's in other countries?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
hello
have available a backup of my ECU Cummins Ford F-250 here in Brazil if someone wants to can send. my calibration this around 300hp.
the nozzle bosch guns are 0445120212
and the pump CP3 0445020007
okay

Leandro
Exactly what Engine is this that you have the 300 HP tune running on?

·
Registered
219 Posts
It's a new year so I thought I would drag this question back up.
Has anyone made any progress with tuning one of these things?
I'm still very happy with my setup but could do with a bit more RPM so I don't have to shift twice just to get across an intersection!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
We need to find a tuner from South America!

·
Vendor
730 Posts
im going to fool around with it when i get my ecm and harness made. first will be getting friend at cummins to unlock the ecm. next trip will be to dodge dealer for friend to put the 5.9 dodge flash on the ecm and see if it will work.
as for using the 5.9 ecm on a 4 cylinder engine i doubt it. the ecm has on its rom not the flashable one all the engine information like number of cylinders, firing order, cam teeth, crank teeth, ect. the parameters and the tune should just be the fuel and timing map, boost level, what size injectors, govenor rpm, idle rpm, acessories. stuff like that. im not 100% positive on this but it seems it should be this way.

if this doesn't work then its on to tinkering with efi live. easiest option is to just get the engine serial number for the front geartrain 3.9 isb thats in the european f250 and just use that. but seems no one ever see's these trucks to pop the hood and write down the esn, cpl, and trucks vin number.
now your starting off with at least 200 hp and a higher govenor rpm. then use a programer or tuner box for more boost and fuel.
either way im going to try.
Are you sure there's a front gear ISB engine?

I never seen a front gear, the F250 I found in Brazil, as well as the ISB's in Europe and England are all rear gear just like the ones here. They are identical as far as the hard parts i.e. injectors, turbo ect.

The difference is in the engine calibration, except for the F250. The F250 still has the rear gear housing except its setup for a ZF5.

I am also working on a piggy back controller for the Edge Attitude. It will work just like it does on the dodge with the 6 power levels and displaying all the engine data on the screen.

With any luck ill also have a 68RFE controller by the end of the year.

If you want to run a bigger turbo. Check out the GT3571KLVN or the GT3576KLVN, the second one is about the same size as the HX35 except its a VGT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello folks im new here. I have a cummins 3.9 ISB/allison 1000 in a 49 fargo and looking to get a tune for it as well. The local shop in Swift Current wants 2k for the tune. 250hp. I have the 9 pin deutsh wired in so they just need to flash it. We did a egr delete in our internation with a cummins and It took about an hour for everything and that was $3500. Someone somewhere needs to make a tuner or a flash of some sort for these. My shift points are to low and my speedo reader is way out as well. I hooked up a "scangauge" and it plugs into the 9 pin. Tells me everything. Coolant. Air temp. Boost. Rpm. Tps. Oil. Etc. Any help is greatly appretiated. Pm me [email protected]. If someone has some info or needs some. I have all the wiring diagrams.

·
Vendor
730 Posts
I have the Brazilian F250 tune, I can email it to anyone. just send me a PM. Cant attach zip files. Youll need insite to flash your ECU. Or goto cummins.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I have the Brazilian F250 tune, I can email it to anyone. just send me a PM.
Thank you so much! This is great! I have been looking for this Calibration for years and years! Can you tell me what the new RPM Redline is for this tune? Will I need better valve springs or anything special to run this tune as is? Thanks again!

·
Vendor
730 Posts
It's 3200rpms, not sure if you would need better valve springs. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have the Brazilian F250 tune, I can email it to anyone. just send me a PM. Cant attach zip files. Youll need insite to flash your ECU. Or goto cummins.
Steed, will the Brazilian tune work in an automatic trans application? I'm going to run the original Allison 1000 trans that came with my engine.

·
Vendor
730 Posts
Steed, will the Brazilian tune work in an automatic trans application? I'm going to run the original Allison 1000 trans that came with my engine.
Yeah all the Allison wants to see is the J1939 data. The information is the same regardless if its a manual or automatic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You have a PM :)

I Have a Nissan Patrol with an ISB 170 in it But I could do with more revs and this would be ideal .

Many thanks
Adrian

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey Guys,

After a lot of digging I have it. ECM code is T90169 (Latest revision T90169.02). This is [email protected], [email protected] governed speed. This suits CPL 8499, if yours is different let me know what you have and I will compare to see if it will work.

Any Cummins workshop should be able to load this into your ECM if you just take it in as a loose part. No tuning required.

·
Vendor
730 Posts
Hey Guys,

After a lot of digging I have it. ECM code is T90169 (Latest revision T90169.02). This is [email protected], [email protected] governed speed. This suits CPL 8499, if yours is different let me know what you have and I will compare to see if it will work.

Any Cummins workshop should be able to load this into your ECM if you just take it in as a loose part. No tuning required.
Thats it!

Then use a boost fooler and rail pressure adjuster and you can probably get in the high 200s. Ill have a kit here in a few that will allow you to use the Edge Juice on these. Im going for high 3s

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Guys,

After a lot of digging I have it. ECM code is T90169 (Latest revision T90169.02). This suits CPL 8499, if yours is different let me know what you have and I will compare to see if it will work.

Can you compare CPL 8499 to CPL 2938? I have the T90169 calibration and just bought an ecu on Ebay that i want to play with.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts