Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I have had the T90169.02 loaded in my ECM no problem there, ECM back in truck and no start.... go into the ECM with INSITE and I have a code ...."269 Antitheft Password Valid Indicator - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect" so I go into features and parameters to make sure that immobilizer is disabled (witch it is) and just under the immobilizer folder there is another folder that I have not seen before " Instrument Cluster Key " this is "Enabled" and I can not disable it because it it says "this feature is locked because: Instrument Cluster Key = read-only".

Where do I go from here, has anyone actually had this running yet? so close yet so far lol

Adi

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I have had the T90169.02 loaded in my ECM no problem there, ECM back in truck and no start.... go into the ECM with INSITE and I have a code ...."269 Antitheft Password Valid Indicator - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect" so I go into features and parameters to make sure that immobilizer is disabled (witch it is) and just under the immobilizer folder there is another folder that I have not seen before " Instrument Cluster Key " this is "Enabled" and I can not disable it because it it says "this feature is locked because: Instrument Cluster Key = read-only".

Where do I go from here, has anyone actually had this running yet? so close yet so far lol

Adi
I'll try to check into this. I have an ecu waiting for me at the post office that I want to write this calibration to. Hopefully I'll have time for that this weekend.
I plan on also trying to make at least a 250hp tune for these engines.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Can you compare CPL 8499 to CPL 2938? I have the T90169 calibration and just bought an ecu on Ebay that i want to play with.
Sorry for the delay mate, the injectors are the same which means that the cal will work. 8499 is a PITA to find detail on!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where did T90169.02 come from? I have the Brazilian F250 tune and its a different number.
That is the calibration thats been mentioned earlier in this thread. It's the 200hp ford F-250 calibration. I programmed my ecu with that calibration and it also says " Instrument Cluster Key " enabled. I was playing around with turning it off with Calterm, but wasn't successful. I one other thing to try but I not to hopeful about that.
I have been playing with the idea of just raising the rpm limits and power of the original calibration. The layout of the software looks a lot the same as the 2003-2004.5 Dodge Cummins so I can maybe use the same tuning methods from there.

·
Vendor
730 Posts
I have a Brazilian ESN and calibration and mine is different.

If it does require a key. I can probably spoof it, just need to get the cluster.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Brazilian ESN and calibration and mine is different.

If it does require a key. I can probably spoof it, just need to get the cluster.
Which calibration do you have?
I've also been working at this from a different angle. I found all the RPM limits and I'm working toward making a higher rpm tune base on the stock 170hp T90076.11 calibration. I saw some strange things in the F-250 T90169 calibration and thought this way might be more headache free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been doing a little research and I think that it is T90179 that we need, but my laptop is running Insite 7.6 and the Incal discs that I have are showing out of date because they are for 8.1......

Adi4

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been doing a little research and I think that it is T90179 that we need, but my laptop is running Insite 7.6 and the Incal discs that I have are showing out of date because they are for 8.1......

Adi4
Sent me a PM with your email. I'll sent an unexpired one to you.
Hopefully it works but it also says Instrument Cluster Key "Enabled". With a quick look at both calibrations I didn't see a difference but I'll try to spend some more time checking this out this weekend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I've increased successfully raised the rpms in the original T90076 calibration to 3200rpms. I still need to do a little more testing but should have something available soon. If anyone is interested, send me a pm.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
jr2185, so is the T90076 the original factory Calibration? I don't need extra HP per se, and I want to keep the factory 420 Ft Lbs, so, I really just want to raise the Redline to 3,000 rpm or so to enable the NV4500 gear spread to work well.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I really wish one of you guys was here in Oregon! :jeep2:

·
Vendor
730 Posts
I am still working the cluster key, I also picked up some hardware and software from Cummins. Worst case I might be able to make my own Calibration. My goal is 4k RPMs the ecu taps out I think around 4400 I read and a solid 300hp clean tune.

·
Vendor
730 Posts
I can now write my own engine calibrations! Please see attached I was able to up my engine rpms up to 4000 RPMs. I can also change the software to accept the dodge 5.9/6.7 cam gear so the custom gear isn't required.

Text Blue Font Line Number

·
Registered
1964 Chevy C10, Cummins ISB170, Allison 1000 5 speed, full float 9”, ECU Tune, 5/7” static drop
220 Posts
Steed,

What version of Insite are you using and are you using calterm to modify the hp tune. Or have you just changed the governed rpm so far. Why are you changing to a dodge 5.9 cam gear? I must have missed something in the hours days weeks months of read these threads. I am going down to my cummins shop next week to get insite. I have a inline 6. I would like to modify my ecm myself, gives me the ability to keep playing with my engine.

Also thanks jr2185. I'm going to give it a try.

ISB 170/Allison 1000 in a 1969 Ford F100 LWB 2wd

Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wow, good to see this thread is still alive!
I would really like to just have a 3200rpm red line.
With the NV4500 I shift twice before I get across an intersection.
I do love my ISB170, its pulled my 5th wheel from coast to coast in 2012 and then a 5 week trip into the US in 2014. Its a daily driver and has never had any issues other than an alternator (Isuzu with vac pump) that stranded me in Kingman Az for a few days.
Hopefully someone will offer the service of changing the RPM.
I had so much fun building my Dakota that I started a little business but using the VW TDI's instead of the ISB's. http://gastodiesel.tdconversions.com/

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, good to see this thread is still alive!
I would really like to just have a 3200rpm red line.
With the NV4500 I shift twice before I get across an intersection.
I do love my ISB170, its pulled my 5th wheel from coast to coast in 2012 and then a 5 week trip into the US in 2014. Its a daily driver and has never had any issues other than an alternator (Isuzu with vac pump) that stranded me in Kingman Az for a few days.
Hopefully someone will offer the service of changing the RPM.
I had so much fun building my Dakota that I started a little business but using the VW TDI's instead of the ISB's. http://gastodiesel.tdconversions.com/
I can do this for you if you send me your ecm. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Glad to see this is alive. I'm still in body shop mode but once I'm to a point I can power things back up I want to start playing with tunes on my QSB 4.5
I'm also using inline 6 and insite.

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 90 Posts