Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1964 Chevy C10, Cummins ISB170, Allison 1000 5 speed, full float 9”, ECU Tune, 5/7” static drop
220 Posts
Got insite up and running using inline 6 and built a mini backbone j1939 with a clip jumper and 2 120 ohm resistors in parallel to talk to the ecu. Got the drivetrain protection disabled so no more torque derate and changed govener to 3000. Trying to go above 3000 but parameters for speed and rpm are locked at 120mph and 3000rpm. I'm assuming I still need something unlocked in the ecu. Anyone have any ideas? Is calterm needed to change these parameters above the said limits? I'll keep playing with it, trying to see if I can back door with terminal. Thanks

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Has anyone made any progress with the South American 250HP calibration?
Last I heard there were issues with an instrument cluster requirement that needed a workaround.
All I want is to get my redline/governor pushed up to 3,000 or so.
I have the ISB170 engine and am living in Oregon.
Anyone out this way?

·
Registered
1964 Chevy C10, Cummins ISB170, Allison 1000 5 speed, full float 9”, ECU Tune, 5/7” static drop
220 Posts
I am currently talking to a company in Brazil about it, my buddy is actually talking to him since he's Portuguese. Working on actually getting a physical cluster. Can someone send me the Brazilian calibration?

Climer97007, I believe jr2185 will do it if you send a pm. I'll give it a shot also if you send to me, just pay the shipping and send me your ecu and I'll do no charge. PM if you want more info.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I can do this for you if you send me your ecm. PM me if interested.
I would like to take you up on this eventually.
I need to get my motor debugged and running first.
Then I will be ready to move the redline up.
I am still buried in bodywork.
Thanks,
Gene (In Oregon)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am currently talking to a company in Brazil about it, my buddy is actually talking to him since he's Portuguese. Working on actually getting a physical cluster. Can someone send me the Brazilian calibration?

Climer97007, I believe jr2185 will do it if you send a pm. I'll give it a shot also if you send to me, just pay the shipping and send me your ecu and I'll do no charge. PM if you want more info.

Do you still need the Brazilian cal? PM me your email and I'll send it to you. I've played around with it for a little but got nowhere with the security. I finally just decided to concentrate on modifying the original calibration and also mapped out all the maps needed for tuning. I've gotten the rpms raised but haven't done much testing for power since I don't have a vehicle like this.
Here a picture of all the maps I found. The white ones are the ones that I had to modify and/or rescale to reach 3200rpms.
Green Text Font Technology Screenshot

G

·
I can now write my own engine calibrations! Please see attached I was able to up my engine rpms up to 4000 RPMs. I can also change the software to accept the dodge 5.9/6.7 cam gear so the custom gear isn't required.

View attachment 101977

Not to hyjack the thread, but Im extremely interested in the idea of running a front gear train set up. Could you PM me or post some more details.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Guys just dropping in here i have a QSB4.5 160HP i believe out of a tractor going into my international Pickup.
I was hoping for 320 to 350 hps
is there anyone that can do a number on my ECU to assist with me achieving my goal.
I am happy to post the ECU to you as i am not the best with computers [know enough to get my self into deep **** and not be able to get back out without turning it off.]
I have included 2 photos of my engine data plate and my ECU Data plate
By the way i have stolen turbo from this motor for my 4BT 3.9 so maybe look at Twins for the QSB Text Font Number Nameplate Metal
Text Vehicle

·
Vendor
730 Posts
Hey Guys just dropping in here i have a QSB4.5 160HP i believe out of a tractor going into my international Pickup.
I was hoping for 320 to 350 hps
is there anyone that can do a number on my ECU to assist with me achieving my goal.
I am happy to post the ECU to you as i am not the best with computers [know enough to get my self into deep **** and not be able to get back out without turning it off.]
I have included 2 photos of my engine data plate and my ECU Data plate
By the way i have stolen turbo from this motor for my 4BT 3.9 so maybe look at Twins for the QSB View attachment 106722 View attachment 106730
Which ECU do you have? I have a CM800 and made my own tune for it. It can rev to 4k and I'm hoping for a solid 300+HP out of it.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
It's only for the isbe 3.9 ecu. ECU part number 4898112
I also have programming tools for this ecu, so I should be able to do custom tuning also. It probably wouldn't take much to load this cal and then modify it to match or exceed the torque of the 170hp tune.
I have some time and my engine is still not running (6 years later I see). Should I get the engine running before sending the ECM? Or have you had good enough results that I don't need to worry about it? Send me your address and I will send the ECM. What's it cost to load the new code?
Thanks, Gene the procrastinator

81 - 90 of 90 Posts