Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the 4BT or 6BT has SAE #2 flywheel housing available? I've seen SAE housings but not sure if #3 or #2 or ...? IIRC, the SAE housing I saw was on a 6BT from a Freightliner, likely a #2 but I don't know for sure.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have been looking for an Allison AT545 (four speed) for a Ford 6.6L diesel today. In my search, I read that the AT545s have an SAE3 pattern. The MT653s (five speeds) have an SAE2 pattern and supposedly have been linked to 6BTAs in Medium Duty trucks.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'll look for the ad. But, in case I don't find it, how much are you asking for it?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I found the ad and sent you an e-mail.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Anyone know if the 4BT or 6BT has SAE #2 flywheel housing available? I've seen SAE housings but not sure if #3 or #2 or ...? IIRC, the SAE housing I saw was on a 6BT from a Freightliner, likely a #2 but I don't know for sure.

Thanks,

Ken
My 6BT came with a SAE2 housing that had a ZF6 attached. It is from a Leyland Daf 55 210TI. They are pretty big and thats why I didn't get the ZF6 as the hole enchilada would not fit the tunnel without a fair bit of lift.

Gaza

1 - 7 of 7 Posts