Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to purchase a 4 post lift and wanted some input from you guys. ( move the thread if you feel it's in the wrong place)

I am looking at this unit.. made in USA?? or assembled in USA perhaps( looks chinese to me)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USA-MADE-FOUR-POST-CAR-LIFT-AUTO-HOIST-4-POST_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63697QQitemZ290095438321QQrdZ1
I have been doing lots of reading and It looks like the Chinese lifts are marketed anywhere from $1695 to $2895 for a 7000 lb unit.
Are the Chinese lifts that bad cause nearly everything is Chinese these days.

I cant use a two post btw.. has to be a 4 post so I can move it from garage to sideyard when needed.

any 4 post lifts that you suggest and what to watch for?

thanks

Berg

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've seen them cheaper at street rod shows, but those do not include the aluminum ramps, jack tray, and drip pans. 3 of my buddies have them. After owning them for about a year they all went out and bought the aluminum ramps and jack trays. The drip pans are great if the lift is used to store a 2nd car under. The bottom car stays drip free. They aren't much good for anything else. It's not clear from the photos nor do I remember quite what to look for, but some of the posts are of better construction on some units. For minimal home use I think this would hold up fine. If it was going into a commercial shop I'd think twice about an inexpensive lift.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts