Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to the site. You guys always seem to have the answers to everyone's questions. I've got an 83 short bed Chevy 2wd. Finally found a 4bt a few weeks ago and started working on it. It's a VE pump, hy35, and I'm still needing the gov. Spring and fuel pin. Im wanting 40-50hp injectors. But I wanted to know if rebuilding the factory injectors and hopping them up a little. Or buying new ones would be better. Any advise at all would be a big help. Thanks.
GB

·
Registered
262 Posts
ill let ya know in a week. i bought a used set of injectors from a 92 12 valve and through some connections got them cleaned and honed out to around 20% over stock. ive just been waiting on a shim kit which i got friday so my buddy can set the pop pressure. i only have 125 in this set of injectors so its still cheaper than what an injector shop would want for a set of core bodies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks. i just didnt know which was best. Ive had different people tell me different things. some say that the 12 valves have different spray patterns. and some say they will work fine. ive heard good and bad about alot of the aftermarket injectors too. I have friends that work at a diesel shop near by, but they dont work on many 4bt's so they cant tell me much.

·
Registered
262 Posts
it depends on your engines cpl #. mine is 1260 which is the same piston part number and injector part number for a 92 dodge truck. other cpls have different pistons and different injectors depending on what the engine was designed for. the 12 valve injectors are 6x.009 i believe with a 145 degree spray angle. i have heard that a lot of the 4bt injectors are only 4 hole

·
Registered
593 Posts
Does it matter if its a 5 hole as long as the spray angle is the same?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts