Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to mate a 46rh out of a 92 to a 4bt out of a switch horse.the 6bt i got the transmission from has a relief in the back of the crankshaft for the torque converter pilot to fit into.It looks like i may need a spacer to move the flexplate out a bit.I can find no old threads on this. Has anybody run into this problem? I can possibly machine off .200 the pilot to shorten it. Any ideas out there?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Some of the late model cranks I've seen do not the bore in the crank flange. What year is your engine?

The A518 is the overdrive transmission used in Dodge diesel pickups from 1991.5 through 1993.

The 46RH was used behind the 318/360 gas engines in the 90's.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I thought the 518 was a 46rh but the gas version had a locking torque converter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the engine is late 80s or early 90s. i will look at the tag later.i have seen different references to the trans identification. it is a non lockup out of a 92.i am putting the 12 valve that was mated to it in a nice 83 f250 4x4 from montana.i am using a Destroked adapter and a zf from another truck.back to the torque situation.i pulled the flexplate back off the 4bt and meaured the protrusion.it is about .200 longer than the relief in the crank. the 12 valve is relieved that much more than the 4bt.i think my best option is to machine the pilot.it will still center in the flexplate. thanks for the input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts