Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have a 47rh transmission out of a 1994 Dodge that I'm rebuilding/upgrading. I plan on using a compushift mini to control Lockup/Overdrive. The only thing that has me kinda stumped, is how do I make the connection from the column shifter in the cab, to the shift lever on the tranny? The F150 uses a shift cable, while the Dodge used a series of ridged bars. The point where the cables/linkages makes the connection to the tranny shift lever is also quite different. The end of the F150 shift cable is a plastic clip that snaps on a nub on the Ford tranny shift lever, while the end of the Dodge shift linkage snaps into the lever. I've researched, and as far as I know, there is no adapter or kit to make this work. My only thought was to cut off the end of the lever from the Ford tranny, and weld it on to the 47rh tranny. This is my first tranny swap, so I'm not sure if there's a better way.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Interesting puzzle and I have no answers on this one. We have a number of members using that transmission so hopefully one of them can come to your rescue.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I used the ball from the ford shift lever. I cut it off and welded it to a bold and used a lock nut to fasten it to the 47RH. I have two different 47Rh /ford setups. 05 F250 with 12V and an 03 F150 with 4bt. I make my own controllers for the 47RH. No one was making them when i got with an electronics wiz and figured out how to put them together. Its a lot better than the toggle switches. Be sure you've build the valve body on the 47RH. Its a great tranny when built right. I have 80K on mine and thought it went out. Tore it down and it looked new front to back. Turns out the torque converter went out. I went back with stock stall in lieu of about 200 RPM under stock. It lets the turbo light a little better.

·
Registered
172 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts