Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the non turbo version of the 4bt, the 4b? I am able to buy one very cheaply and wonder what all it would take and how much money I would have to put into it to change it over to a turbo.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know how common the non turbo's are? Because this is the first time i have ever heard of one. If I can get it cheap enough ill get it anyways and see what i can do with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But can you convert it to work the same as a turbo version with turbo pistons, oil line, injectors, turbo, and an adapter plate?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
A breadtruck with no turbo? Must have been some kind of backyard swap. Probably sold the first engine, then trying to fatten the wallet passing off a non-turbo.

I read somewhere that in some cases the camshaft profile is different, among many other things.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I'm not so sure about that. I looked at a breadtruck with a 4B.
I'm sure .

None turbo engine are around 75 hp gen engine or off road equipment .They will not have a EPA tag .Plus the engine has a lot of different parts and but the time you changed all the parts you would have more than what's it's worth.

Scott

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm sure .

None turbo engine are around 75 hp gen engine or off road equipment .They will not have a EPA tag .Plus the engine has a lot of different parts and but the time you changed all the parts you would have more than what's it's worth.

Scott
I agree with Scott, to costly to try to properly upgrade. There are many changes, even piston top rings are different. I have seen a US Post Office Jeep delivery van with a 4B. I bet it was a dog LOL.

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts