Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Picked up the new driveshaft and yokes from Inland Empire Driveline a couple weeks ago. Got the rear end yoke installed and torqued correctly last weekend and changed the motor oil/ filters. Still plenty of little things to button up but here is this!

Right now I'm ordering a constant voltage regulator to replace the broken one and get my coolant temp gauge to work.
Still have to hook up the rest of the trans wiring (OD switch, econo mode, econo indicator, exh brake, and backup vss)
Need to mount a muffler or redo the back half of the straight pipe since it got damaged when the old driveshaft went out. (video on my channel)

It's cool to finally drive it after a year of seeing all the parts and junk laying around the garage

Never could have done this without the information on this site

·
Registered
43 Posts
Awesome. I am completing a similar conversion on a 65 f350. I ended up installing the Isuzu speedo into the Ford bezel to preserve the Vss#2. Not sure if anyone knows about my question. The donor was a sweeper truck with lots of hydraulics. The start stop motor has 2 cables. The one for the injector was easily identified. The second cable is the same length and has the same attaching hardware and end. Does anyone have a clue where it used to attach? My thought is some sort hydraulic disable feature?? Thanks.

Any updates on your project?

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Awesome. I am completing a similar conversion on a 65 f350. I ended up installing the Isuzu speedo into the Ford bezel to preserve the Vss#2. Not sure if anyone knows about my question. The donor was a sweeper truck with lots of hydraulics. The start stop motor has 2 cables. The one for the injector was easily identified. The second cable is the same length and has the same attaching hardware and end. Does anyone have a clue where it used to attach? My thought is some sort hydraulic disable feature?? Thanks.

Any updates on your project?

The 2nd cable is a fuel enrichment feature for cold starts. Look at some injector pump diagrams and you will figure it out. It has nothing to do with hydraulics. Just type 4bd1t injector pump in the search bar, you will figure it out.
b4

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did figure it out. Got that wiper motor looking deal from the donor and got it to function. Thanks.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts