Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was making up an Isuzu liner removal/installer kit on request and a few extras for sale here. I have the material to make a couple of them, and this is a tool you'll probably only use once.

If I machined up a couple nice ones I was thinking about offering them for free, you pay shipping and the next guy pays shipping from you and so on.

Anyone interested?

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Very generous of you!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only have the liners left to remove on the teardown. Can I go first?
You're first Mitch. I need a couple measurements though-

The length of the liner and the liner outside diameter. Can anyone help with these?

Thanks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
8inches tall and 4.125inches outside diameter.
Longbow sent me the same outside diameter for his puller and he used 4inches for he inside diameter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm on board

Just at the starting block with my 3/90 4BD1T rebuild

Thanks for making this tool and making it a "loaner" Dustin

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
8" is the total length of the sleeve? Just double checking because my tape measure on the outside of block guess looks closer to 10" total liner length.

So the liner will slide inside a 4.125" diameter tube? 4.125" strikes me as small for a 4" ID liner.

Making the puller/installer as compact as possible, hopefully fit it in a flat rate box because it won't be light.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I just happened to have a liner handy that I'm told is for a 4BD2. I don't know what brand it is but it has the following number on the box: ES5-87813-154-0It is 8.03" tall with I.D of 4.00" and OD of 4.13" at the bottom.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dustin,

The exact measurements of the liners are 102mm ID and 105mm OD. I made my puller disc to be 4.125" so I would have about .008 of clearance on the block as it was pulling so as not to cause extra drag on the way out. I re-measured my disc and the smaller dimension that goes into the ID measures exactly 4.005".

Hope that helps.

Don

·
Registered
267 Posts
Has anyone heard from Dustin (69rambler)? I have tried calling him, posting on here, and emailing him and I have gotten no response. I am currently waiting on the liner puller (was originally going to be paying for the pulling piece) and my project is on hold until I get it. I have also received a starter from him that has play in the pinion, which he asked me to check for, but I have no idea how I am supposed to return it, as it was not shipped from him.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks
Dazed

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Staying on top of 40 different things, I forgot to call you back. I'll give you a call this evening.

If it fits it ships. 27" of puller in a 12" box.
Isuzu puller 003.jpg Isuzu puller 002.jpg Isuzu puller 001.jpg

·
Registered
296 Posts
wow nice work dustin, that is a nice looking tool.

incidentally, this guy WILL get back to you if you leave a message.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I received it last night and, as usual, it is impressive work and very well made. I will be trying it on a liner later today hopefully.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts