Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the start of a build. I have posted before about my 1500 I have a 4bd1t in. I run that everyday to work. 30 psi boost. Hx30 turbo. Fuel screw and rack limiter backed out but I am now starting another build with one for a 1999 suburban. I bought two 4bd1t engines one a 1992 the other like a 1986 I believe.Both need work. The one in my truck is a 89 model. I love these engines. I am a diesel mechanic by trade. I hope and plan to build this engine even better With a bigger custom hx30 turbo, colt custom cam, head studs etc. A question I had . I priced Isuzu parts for them as well as aftermarket parts. Are the aftermarket any good As far as engine liners etc? Izuzu quit making sleeves for these engines. I just checked. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi mate. Plenty of info on pistons/liners in this thread.

They can still be purchased.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So who do you go to for good liners? Is there someone on the forum that sells them?Anyone use Rudy’s Diesel rebuild kits for the 4bd1t that comes with liners?I have my engine about all torn down and ready for machine shop.thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another thought...Could I use the Mahle liners with my used pistons and put new rings on them? I really want to do this rite as this will be a more high H.P. engine.any help appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another thought...Could I use the Mahle liners with my used pistons and put new rings on them? I really want to do this rite as this will be a more high H.P. engine.any help appreciated! Thanks

If you want to do it right just buy new pistons. I can't help with suppliers as I'm in Australia.

·
Super Moderator
8,764 Posts
So who do you go to for good liners? Is there someone on the forum that sells them?Anyone use Rudy’s Diesel rebuild kits for the 4bd1t that comes with liners?I have my engine about all torn down and ready for machine shop.thanks
Genuine Isuzu (from an Isuzu truck dealer) or Mahle-Izumi as the only reliable aftermarket.

Do not piss around with anything else. Especially aftermarket liners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts