Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I'm trying to fit a 4l80e or a 6l90e behind a 4bd1t, however it seems like all of the companies that have made the adapters for GM transmissions have gone out of business. Are there any companies that currently make them?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Try contact a company called Ausrover in Australia, they have put a few 6L80E's behind the 4bd1

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Whoa! 6l80’s? I thought there were issues adapting it because part of the valve body was integral to the case and it’s hard to adapt? Definitely looking into this!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can some help me with a pic of a 4bd2tc pump and what screw I’m looking for to turn up the pump? I’ve been reading other threads but the the pic links are broken

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey everybody, I'm trying to fit a 4l80e or a 6l90e behind a 4bd1t, however it seems like all of the companies that have made the adapters for GM transmissions have gone out of business. Are there any companies that currently make them?
Is there any reason not to run the Jatco automatic from the Isuzu NPR? I only skip it because the trans conversion to 4x4 doesn’t seem possible (sadly, the one I have was rebuilt to the tune of $3,000 after it caused the headgasket to go by not upshifting on it’s way to the shop)
The shop convinced the previous owner that the radiator was the problem and they spent $1000 or so having that recored.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I know this is heresy, but if I had to do it all over again, I'd put a 6 cylinder mercedes benz engine my landcruiser.

Yes they are longer, but they have a more conventional (to the US at least) passenger side exhaust and you can get stupid amounts of hp out of them pretty easily. They are also much, much smoother and better balanced than our 4BD1T's.

Adam

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nope, 6 cylinder.

OM 606 with an OM 603 manual IP. Stupid amounts of hp with a 5000+ rpm redline. The 606 engines were only sold for a few years here in the US, but the 603 engines with their manual IP's were sold for much longer. I have a 603 in my garage up on a stand that I keep looking at. I actually bought 2 OM 603's, one supposedly a runner and the other had a broken cam and some missing parts. The "runner" was run out of oil due to a crack in the pan and seized the crank, but I didn't know that when I bought them (2 engines for $200, what could go wrong?) I'm canning both to make one engine that works although initially I just wanted the IP to put on an OM 606. No real plans for the engine at the moment, other than to see how they are put together and if I can fix the one with the seized crank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts