Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious with the issues I am having with my 4bd1t injection pump would it be a nice upgrade to put a 4bd2t injection pump if I swap timing advancement? Do the 4bd2t have 10mm plungers? I couldn’t find a direct answer on the form.. If anyone has done it please speak up. Just did a 2100 mile trip with suburban and averaged 23 mpg….

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think if you look back in other threads you’ll find it has smaller plungers. Less fuel potential. Also, and this might not have anything to do with the pump, the delivery ‘moments’ I guess you could call it, are different between indirect and direct.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s interesting because everywhere I read,they acted like it had more fueling capabilities.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Don’t know if you saw this one or some of the others are not. But this will answer most of your questions in that regard.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, can I really get my pump modded then? I read carcrafter did. Any Ideas? Maybe a P7100 swap?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think there’s shops that will do it but I found say for sure. I think there’s Scheid diesel or something like that? But I’m not sure what country they’re in. Could look into 4bg1t pump with your 4bd1t governor swapped in? Might be cheaper than having it custom modded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts