Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Michael, I just happened to be searching around by the filter size thread and came a cross this. The only thing that I saw was the oil filter od size compared to the Isuzu size filter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wix 51673(spec in picture) is the smallest filter I found but I don’t have the space.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So according to the specs for the oil filter wix 57521 off the 4he1 motor the oil filter adapter should fit? That motors filter head.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The 4bd and 4HE filters are interchangeable, so if it works on one, it ought to work on the other. Are you going to be a Guinea pig for all of us?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I may have to because I don’t have room for a filter. But I have to wait a few weeks to have funding. Only down fall is I can test fit but not pressure test(not at that stage). Lol.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I’d say test fit, if it looks good fire it up and crawl under. If it’s leaking you can shut it off in time, no worries.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No updates, I had a little bit more struggle on getting the body to fit around the transmission and motor. So I haven’t ordered it. I did notice that I will have to cut the bottom end of the screw portion of the filter housing down to were the threads start. I will let you know when I get there. Joe

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry again for the long delay on if the oil filter adapter works. This is the progress I have had. You will have to remove the non threaded portion of the oil filter threads to make this work. At this time nothing has been tested running.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts