Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, its been along time since I posted. My last posts were on a 6BT swap I did on a 1996 Chevy truck. That turned out very well. I have sold that truck and had the bug to do another swap. I thought about a 4BT, but wanted something different this time and started researching my choices. Seems like the 4BD1/2 is the way to go this time.
I bought a complete 1995 W4 truck with a 4BD2T, 12ft box on the back I would like to do something with, (storage shed, or trailer?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps4V006RYsE&feature=feedu

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome back, good to have another GMT400 fan on board! I will be doing a 4BD2T into my '94 2500 ECSB this winter, using the stock NV4500 and diesetim's kit. Have collected almost all the parts required and am looking forward to getting started.

I take it you are planning on using the Jatco trans?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be using the 4L80E auto trans.
I tried bolting the head from the engine stand onto the back of the engine but it hits the crank. Will need to notch the head peice to make it work.
I'm looking for another engine also a 4bd1 or 4bd2. The plan is to get this engine all installed and drive it for awhile. In the mean time rebuild another engine and make it all pretty then stick it in the truck.
Does anyone have a brand name or a source for the rebuild kits? The only ones I have looked at are the ones on ebay are they OK or should I be looking for something else? I would rather have a quality kit with known/trusted parts.

·
3,907 Posts
Hello everyone, its been along time since I posted. My last posts were on a 6BT swap I did on a 1996 Chevy truck. That turned out very well. I have sold that truck and had the bug to do another swap. I thought about a 4BT, but wanted something different this time and started researching my choices. Seems like the 4BD1/2 is the way to go this time.
I bought a complete 1995 W4 truck with a 4BD2T, 12ft box on the back I would like to do something with, (storage shed, or trailer?)
Sounds like an excellent project.

It depends, the storage shed is easier, but the trailer is more usefull, and therefore my preference (shore it up when you're using it as a shed so you don't waste the tires).

I'll be using the 4L80E auto trans.
I tried bolting the head from the engine stand onto the back of the engine but it hits the crank. Will need to notch the head peice to make it work.
I'm looking for another engine also a 4bd1 or 4bd2. The plan is to get this engine all installed and drive it for awhile. In the mean time rebuild another engine and make it all pretty then stick it in the truck.
Does anyone have a brand name or a source for the rebuild kits? The only ones I have looked at are the ones on ebay are they OK or should I be looking for something else? I would rather have a quality kit with known/trusted parts.

Sounds like a heck of a plan.

I hope you have luck finding a cheap one.

As for overhaul kits, there seems to be Isuzu, and Rudy on Ebay. (observation only, not an endorsement)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'll keep working at it and posting as I go.

Leroy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts