Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked on this site for answers on a swap. I have a 77 F150 4x4 with 50,000 original miles. Original paint from Oregon. Super clean rig. Much has been spent on the mechanical's. No one seems to want to buy a 41 year old F150 with a 300 six so in my retirement years I am leaning towards a diesel swap. She has a 300 six with a NP435 trans with a 205 transfer case. The gears are 3.54 and I run 10.50 x 3100 tires. Would not have a problem adding a Gear Vendors overdrive. Does some one make a kit for a swap? Would like it to be clean and simple and not have to chase or machine most parts. One stop shopping. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,650 Posts
Fabricating motor mounts and relocating the front cross member might be all that is needed. I would not run a GV or a AA Ranger overdrive personally. Putting a ZF in front of your 205 would help with hwy speeds and are good transmissions. I run D60s so I dont have drivetrain issues. If youre sticking with whats under your F150 a gear change will help more. A Zf with around 3:1 ratios puts you in good numbers. http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts