Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, just found this forum today, but have been rebuilding my motor for couple months now, heres the thread over on tacomaterritory,

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33652&highlight=cummins+4bt

just got the tranny last monday should have this whole project done by the end of the year

ill post some updated pics

right now the machine work is pretty much done on the block, should have it rebuild and ready to fire by june, right now im looking for the wave ring that goes on the flexplate for the th400's, i went to the chevy dealership today but couldnt seem to dig it up, does anyone know where i can find one of these?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pics

more info about the motor, needs new cylinder head, turbo, all rings, gaskets and bearings are being replaced

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right now its on hold, been busy with my 53 rat rod trying to finish it up, since i have someone buying 2.7 out of this thing next spring, plus ive been in process moving out into a cheaper place, but all the machine work is done on the block, gotta new turbo, gotta 4l80e for it, got about half of the front axle parts, rear axle is done, but it will be a while before i can get back into it

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ditching the doubler idea, just bought a pass drop np 241 to save some time and money, and weight. all thats left axle parts, trans shifter kit, new cylinder head and rebuild/gasket kit, steering linkage.

·
Registered
800 Posts
ditching the doubler idea, just bought a pass drop np 241 to save some time and money, and weight. all thats left axle parts, trans shifter kit, new cylinder head and rebuild/gasket kit, steering linkage.
i think the doubler is a waste, jmho. good decision.

i never wished or wanted lower ratio in my old 4bt swap. matter of fact, i never used 1st/low (nv4500/np205) and on trail rides idling at 2nd/low the gassers went nuts, we drove so slow.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts