Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I could source a 4bt in Western Canada or even what vehicles they were put into in Canada.
Thanks

·
Registered
854 Posts
They are common in Westward Swathers starting in the early 90's have to find a farm equipment junkyard.
Correct, also MacDon and Case/IH swathers.... but those will have a constant-speed "load governor" and not the speed governor style on injection pump used on road vehicles. It will still be drivable of course, but you may not like the feel of the throttle. Not sure if those were turbo or not, but a turbo could be added without too much hassle. There a few Komatsu forklifts that used them, they would have the correct governor in them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Contact Scott Shennan at Leavitt machine in edmonton. He hooked me up with my 4bta for a pretty good price, and may have access to others.

-andrew

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I also noticed 1 for $2500 in the Edmonton online bargain finder under auto parts/engines.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Actually, that one is currently in my shop at work here.....thats the one I picked up:happyfinger:. Scott's the guy who sold it to me.

-andrew

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Normally I'd be cussing enough to melt the snow between Edmonton and Red Deer, but I'm just doing a bunch of research right now and not ready to buy yet...so I hope it works for you and would like to see it in person when it's done.
Ian

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lol, same here, but I couldn't pass it up....01' 4bta with brand new turbo and a Wabco compressor that had like 200hrs on it along with a ton of new bolt on parts from the new engine they swapped into the machine. I'll likely be swapping it in next fall, if I'm lucky. Until then I'm right doin reeasrch right there with ya.

-andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts