Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks good!

Just recently had friend helping with my build mention that could just get some rubber hoses for intercooler and plumbing and thought this seemed odd since every picture have seen they use metal and silicone. Now I see why.

Also, really started getting interested in going with an air/water setup myself since I saw a guy with a similar vehicle as me that went that route and it fit really well too. However, eventually realized there are a ton of websites selling this identical air/water intercooler kit, which guy with similar vehicle used, but after looking into it just did not sound like a very reliable system especially for something you are going to drive frequently or longer distances. Then when I tried to piece together an actual name brand air/water setup its jumps up in price drastically compared to that other kit which was around $500 for everything. Whereas the actual name brand options as char1355 mentioned are quite expensive, for just the air/water intercooler itself starts around $900+ and by time piece entire setup together looking at a hefty cost. Thus, I figured it just be simpler and less that could go wrong by just going with basic air/air setup but sometime in the future would love to try one of those air/water setups. Not to mention can use the air/water ice box reservoir to keep some beers cold if stuck in dire situation lol.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts