Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Possibly, but not if that location is where your motor mounts are! You would need to move the pass side mount to the middle of the block.

I eventually will mount an A/C compressor up on the top front of the intake, like the parts used to mount the compressor on Case tractors and Freightliner FL70 style trucks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It depends on two things. One, which set of engine mounts you use (mid-mounts or front mounts). The second factor is frame width. Some people have notched their frames to fit Dodge brackets.

I personally always use the mid-mounts. I feel it distributes the weight of the engine better. That is just my personal choice. For AC I like to use the factor Dodge parts when I can for price and availability. I have used custom brackets in the past for mounting AC in tight locations like early Broncos.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Check out my website. It shows my Jeep with the A/C installed.
not alot of belt contact on your alternator, i would be worried about slippage although an alternator shuoldnt be hard to drive

nevermind I seen later that you changed your alternator location, that is likely the reason for the squeling

·
Registered
390 Posts
not alot of belt contact on your alternator, i would be worried about slippage although an alternator shuoldnt be hard to drive

nevermind I seen later that you changed your alternator location, that is likely the reason for the squeling
Yes I did change it. I also just finished changing under the hood again. I inverted my Exhaust manifold like it should be and use the Freightliner a/c / alternator mount. I will try to post some pictures soon.

·
Registered
854 Posts
not a lot of belt contact on your alternator, i would be worried about slippage although an alternator shouldn't be hard to drive
I think the alternator is the hardest to drive, other than the A/C

1 - 7 of 7 Posts