Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 F350 4x4 with 5.4 gas engine and a 4R100 auto transmission. I am into the truck really cheap and want a diesel engine so I can burn vegetable oil and diesel mix. I do not tow much, mostly a daily driver. Has anyone used a 4R100 behind a 4bt? I know I can bolt it up, but will the torque converter work with the lower speed engine? Anyone used a stand alone transmission controller in this aplication? Please help!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Unfortunately your trans is a gasser version, so you have the wrong; shift points, clutches, shafts, planetaries, bearing support, valve body, and torque converter. In short it will not work very well with a diesel. Most trans builders will not even take a gas trans case in for a diesel trans core. The other strike is the year of your trans, since it is a 01 it has the mechanical diode which is notorious for failing causing a "none or delayed 2nd gear shift".

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you find a diesel 4r100 doner tranny, use the PCS shifter,....I wonder if Fordcummins is still pushing that POS shifter from Bauman?:pissed:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts