Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Diesel heads,
Im an old wrench New to the forum, New to the diesel world. I bought a rebuildable 4BT. Missing the injector pump ofcourse. My question is besides the "P" or "VE" injector pumps what are my options for a replacement pump? Cummins only or will something else work?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If you are only missing the pump, replace it with the correct one for your setup. To change, there is a lot replacement that need$ to be done.

Ed in CO

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Welcome to the forum. OK, you say the injection pump was missing. Does the engine have its ID plate located on the side of the front gear housing? That can tell you a lot about what you have. There were about a half dozen different pumps used on these engines, but only maybe 3 or 4 of them would be considered for street use. The VE was the most common road use pump. The other road pump was the P7100. Two industrial pumps that could be used are the P3000 and the A. All these are Bosch pumps. As Ed mentioned, changing to a different pump than stock can get expensive. The injection pump is one of the most expensive things on that engine. Do you have any history on the engine? What turbo does it have? There some cheap aftermarket pumps coming out of China. Buyer beware. You sort of get what you pay for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts