Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do the p30's have a hydrolic clutch set up or the old manual set up, if they are a wet system does any one have a part number for the slave cylinder, i have a t18 with the old ford plastic slave cylinder set up and there is now way to convert it so i can hook up my jeep master cylinder

·
Registered
65 Posts
Skyhook, I have been looking into this myself, trying to reverse engineer the hydraulic clutch set-up for a early bronco. Do a search for some of my posts...that ought to get you into the right direction. When I get a definative set up I will do a thorough tech article, but that's a few month's out due to present commitments.

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,744 Posts
I use a clutch master cyl from a 82 Jeep 4 cylinder. It has a bore of .750"
pn: bxy 11957 Bendix
For the clutch slave I used pn: bwc ssc2006 with a .750" bore. Don't know the application. I've had to replace the slave cyl due to leakeage when it was exposed with the chevy clutch. I then traded the chevy clutch for a Dodge unit and adapted that slave cyl to fit the Dodge.
I had expermented with a master cyl that had a bore of 13/16" but found that the pedal effort was too high for my liking and went to the 1:1 ratio between the master and salve cyl.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Forgot to mention that I also included a bellcrank in my design between the clutch pedal and master cyl. Mostly because I wanted to use the extisting clutch rod on the scout, but it ended up giving me a extra way to tune the pedal effort and throw.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Carquest. They let me use the old parts "books" and I researched for what I needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts