Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Skyhook...thanks for the photo, HUGE help! (man this site is a godsend)
any chance of getting the part # off your slave cylinder? and if you have the whole truck, or access to it, a picture and part # of the master cylinder?
I have the plastic slave and would rather go OEM, with the metal parts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry i seen this setup mounted to a engine on ebay and i emailed the owner and asked for some pictures of the slave cylinder and he sent me some, but come to find out i had a very old hostees van at my dads from the late 70's early 80's that had some huge 4 cylinder diesel in it (i was told it is a english ford diesel), but it had a t18 mounted to it with a hydro clutch and it is the same one you see in the picture, i will try to clean it up and get some numbers, i know the name on it is a long 2 part name and the last name is "lockheed"

·
Registered
65 Posts
Skyhook, thanks for the effort. I'd appreciate any additional info you can provide (P/N's, photos, manufacturers). Have you identified that engine from your dad's old hostess van? if it's not a 4B, then it might be a PERKINS if it's english? Don't know much about them but they are/ were a popular engine in the states.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure about that diesel from the old van, it doesn't have glow plugs and it has a simms injection pump and slanted valve cover ? Although it runs very good,but I knocked a hole in the auluminum oil pan when it fell from my hoist.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wagner lockheed is the name on one side of the slave cylinder and the number on the slave cylinder is FD-49909

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sky, Glow plugs (4B's don't have them either), slanted valve covers & aluminum oil pan are not on "B's" either. Exceptions: only time valve covers would appear slanted is if motor was installed left or right of vertical (some applications cant/ clock the motor to the side for component clearance. Wish I knew more about other manufacturers to help identify, sorry. But thanks for the lead on the slave cylinder, that tid-bit is going in the file.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i know that the cummins dont have glow plugs ,but alot of people would associate glow plugs with diesels. The valve cover is one long valve cover that slopes to the side some-what even with the engine sitting vertical. I will try to get some pictures of it up!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dutch, I'll do some research Wednesday and see if i can't get you some more info. i don't know if your planning on using it for a swap, but it might make an interesting "yard dog" engine?
P.S.
Read about your experience with Dove bid....that really sucks that these larger guys are drying up our inexpensive source for these engines!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts