Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might've been posted about before. Super nice build-up, and great craftsmanship. Its even got a wicked looking p-pump!! Props goes to the builder. Look at all 5 of the pages of pictures.

4BT Cummins powered salt flats racecar

Mikey

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
that's pretty cool.. I thought you were going to say that yellow stream liner was a 4BT and my jaw was about to drop on the floor because.. ..I was right there! :D

Pics of it on page 10...
http://www.shoumatoffmedia.com/raceweek/

·
Registered
67 Posts
That streamliner is cummins also

The streamliner belongs to my uncle and it is powered by 6bt. top oneway has been 316 mph. Beleave it or not with a 1 to 1 rear end and a dragster type slipper clutch he needs no push to get moveing!! just my 2 cents worth. Jim

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
yes pretty neat, I clearly remember the streamliner was a 6BT. Very cool :)

·
Banned
427 Posts
looks like nitrous or propane port injection. man sure would like to see the engine in person. nicest one i,ve ever seen. totally tricked out seems like. bet its a hotty too.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Engine belongs to Steve Mallicoat. He actually works for Cummins Central power, but he built the engine in a '28 Ford roadster on his own. He is helping me source/design my engine for my Ford Ranger Sportsman 1500 class off-road racer I am building to run in the 2008 Baja 1000. Steve ran this at Bonneville last year but esentially melted his turbo and only ran about 123 mph. Steve belives he is getting almost 500bhp out of it. He told me that the limiting factor seems to be egts and destroying the turbo. He has twin turbos that are currently being rebuilt and he has plans to return to the Salt Flats in August for another go at it. His goal is to run 160+ mph. Anyone who would like to help him out this summer can contact him through his web site. So far he has done it all mostly with out sponsor money. Feel free to give him a hand if want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts