Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From several sources, I have the height of the 4BT at 35.1x inches. Does this include the tube from the turbo to the intake or not?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Drop By

If you live in Fayetteville, you're only 20-30 miles from me.
You can come look at my 4BTA and take measurements.

Available only on weekends.

Wayne

·
Registered
808 Posts
The picture shows overall Maximum distance excursions for a 4BT. Keep in mind a 4BTA with water aftercooler will be a little higher.

Paul

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DogDiesel, sounds like a winner and I know where Lumber Bridge is! And yes, I do live in Fayetteville. Currently, I am working weekends and it will be about 4 weeks before I rotate off. I will contact you and set it up, thanks.

Paul, I have the same drawing and if I was to assume, it would look like the height of the tube from the turbo to the intake IS included, but I want to make sure. I have gathered inaccurate info before. It appears that the top left of the drawing shows the 90* bend of the tube. Alas, to be sure!

Aside from someone giving me an actual measurement, including the tube, I will take up DogDiesel on his offer.

·
Registered
808 Posts
DogDiesel, sounds like a winner and I know where Lumber Bridge is! And yes, I do live in Fayetteville. Currently, I am working weekends and it will be about 4 weeks before I rotate off. I will contact you and set it up, thanks.

Paul, I have the same drawing and if I was to assume, it would look like the height of the tube from the turbo to the intake IS included, but I want to make sure. I have gathered inaccurate info before. It appears that the top left of the drawing shows the 90* bend of the tube. Alas, to be sure!

Aside from someone giving me an actual measurement, including the tube, I will take up DogDiesel on his offer.
Without question, the best thing is eyes, hands and ruller in person.

Paul

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bad News afgunn

In four weeks, God willing I will be moving to Virginia. PM to work details.
Wayne
DogDiesel, ... Currently, I am working weekends and it will be about 4 weeks before I rotate off. I will contact you and set it up, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts