Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few of my pics so far. It is a 1979 f-150 frame and the cab is a 1965. Im using the ford ZF trans and a np205. Anybody have pics of their motor mounts?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
54 Posts
nice slide show way back when i was in high school i had a 64 ford short box on a 70 or so international running gear. 3/4 ton 4x4. 302. just make sure and keep as much info on donor rig as possible so when you go buy parts for a repair or sell it the person is not stuck holding the bag.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks! What are you using for a brake booster? Also here is a link to a kodak slideshow of the build up so far. http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesh...de=fromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1
Actually, I wasent planning on using a booster. My truck is still stock manual brakes with the only upgrade being a dual master cylinder for safety. Im not even planning on adding power steering unless I really need too. I want to keep it simple so theres less things to break and wear out. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the feed back! My plan is also go simple but I also want a modern truck when Im finished.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree, I am planning on using a vaccum brake booster. My motor came with a belt driven vaccum pump. I was just agreeing with the idea of a simple truck. If I wanted a truck with power doors and locks and the rest of the bells and whisltles, I would have built a newer truck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gasket set?

Got the motor mounted up recently and running yesterday. Today it looks like the the rear seal is pouring oil. Wondering where the best place to get a gasket set would be. Also my motor has a oil fill on the side of the block i would like to close off. Is there a plate or a plug to cover the hole, or am i on my own to fab something?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I don't know the size of the necessary expansion (freeze) plug, but it's Cummins part number is 3900958.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Bt4mpg. So is cummins the resource for gaskets, or is there a cheaper place?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update

After a long winter of working in cold shop she is about ready to go. Should be able to drive it next week. I'll post more pics when it done. Cant wait to get it on the road!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Where did you get that flatbed???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is a Hillsboro aluminum flatbed. It is about a year old and it will look a lot better after I polish it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Test Drive!!!

Well everything seems to be holding together. The only problem I have is that in Fifth gear, my egts are out of control! I cant keep it in 5th without my egts hitting 1200. After some reseach, I think I am going rotate the pump in a bit and see if that helps.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts