Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Dash is put back together. Couldn't find my diesel cluster so ill have to put that in at a later date. Also trying to haggle a guy out of a sport wheel for this truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Getting more things sorted, Quickdraw ps pump kit, fittings to convert to -6 at the pump and box and napa made me a hydraulic hose to fit between the two. One step closer.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Baby steps, the time change has really put a damper on after-work tinkering.

Fuel system is now wrapped up. Added another line and conveniently the little brackets that hold the brake and fuel lines had a spare spot to hold it neatly with the rest of them.

Lower rad hose done, ordered a few 1.75 90° pipes from speedway but they were a bit too short, had an old trailer jack that the inner piper was the exact same size so cut and welded that all together.

Electrical will be hidden in this rare factory option tool box I've had on all my bullnoses (vacuum pump will be relocated into there as well)

Still waiting on parts as usual, but one step at a time.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Driveshaft and yoke done. 9 inch didn't work out, was too narrow, picked up a 1350 yoke from strange and a conversion joint for now. Ill be looking for a 9 inch to swap into the truck later though. Driveshaft was a 2 piece from a dodge that I cut up and made myself and a 1410 nv4500 front slip yoke.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,996 Posts
What was your 9" out of? All the truck units should be just about a bolt in. Of course the 9" was used in cars, trucks, and Broncos. One some people used to look for came in the Lincolns and had disc brakes. Seems like it was in the Versailles model.

·
Registered
11,996 Posts
What was your 9" out of? All the truck units should be just about a bolt in. Of course the 9" was used in cars, trucks, and Broncos. One some people used to look for came in the Lincolns and had disc brakes. Seems like it was in the Versailles model.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I replace my 1986 F150 8.8 inch rear axle with a 1986 F150 rear axle - It was a bolt in.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yeah was out of a 70s f150 but was too narrow by 2 inches. I think 75 to 86 f150 and bronco were the size I need. This axle must have been right before the frame change in width.

I ended up selling the diff to a guy here at my work and it dropped right into a 56 f100.

·
Registered
11,996 Posts
The Ford truck rear axles for 1957-1972 were 61.25" wide. From 1973-1986 they were 65.25" wide. If you had one that was too narrow it must have been an earlier truck or a Bronco. The 1966-1977 Bronco axle is 58.00" wide. Outside of the pickup axles there are lots of widths in the Ford 9". Here's a link to a chart that shows lots of them. Rear End Widths

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Yeah I could have swore the truck bed trailer I had was a 74 but it must be slightly earlier than that. Doh! Found a ton of them at a salvage yard i just need to go pick one up now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Shot of the truck. Pretty stroked to drive this soon. Need to see about turning the pump up so doesn't pull fuel so early. Other than that it runs good, pulls great even in 5th. Throttle is very linear, very different than my p pump.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 71 Posts