Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a 4bt for some time now and it seems all the ones that are in stepvans were too far away. Found this one in an 86 F-250 just 80 miles from me, went up last nite and drove her home. I was expecting it to be very noisy and alot of vibration, much to my surprise it wasnt bad at all.
Made it home and she drove like a top, except for the top speed of 60 mph I really like the truck, too bad she has to come out.

The guy I got it from even threw in an adapter and flywheel for the TH-475 I will be installing in my K-30.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Will you take some engine and trans mount pictures for us? The install almost looks like mine.

·
Registered
269 Posts
What was the belt drivin hyd pump for? Would you be selling that? Its a shame your pulln it out, thers a lot of work there just ask bt4mpg or myself. As he had asked would you please post some pics of the engine mounts and trans mounts. Thanx!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
That's a vacuum pump, not hydraulic. It does seam a shame to take that truck apart, but I'd be doing the same thing if I found a chevy with a 4BT! Everyone likes what they like.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My bad should of seen the vac booster brakes and no gear driven pump for vac. Oh well whatcha gonna do? Thanx for pointing it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will you take some engine and trans mount pictures for us? The install almost looks like mine.
It will be awhile but I will get pics of the motor and trans mounts, got about 8" snow last nite and I cant get it into my shop.

I had'nt started it since getting it home tuesday nite, just went out and thought I would give her a try..its 6 degrees here and she fired right up! Hopefully thats a good sign.

I wont be using the vac pump, trans and adapter [T-19 I believe], motor mounts and the hydraulic clutch setup so these parts may be for sale soon.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I would be interested in the ford style block adapter and flywheel stuff

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The snow has finally all melted so its time to get this thing in the shop and get it pulled to go into the Chevy.

Got a new digital videp camera so I thought I would try it out.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=j9Tl69NvB1k

1 - 8 of 8 Posts