Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this/any information on it? I'm very interested in cramming a 4bt in my '73 Scout II.

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,654 Posts
Has anyone done this/any information on it? I'm very interested in cramming a 4bt in my '73 Scout II.
I think the only difference between my 1980 is running gear and grill. I've had the 4BT in my Scout for 6 years. There's a link in my signature for all the pics, and you don't need to shoe horn it in, theres plenty of room.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, it can be done. Im doing the same thing.........'76 Scout II. I even saw a 6bt in one. Look at all of scout4bta's stuff, he does good work and takes nice pics. :beer:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Scout4bta just looked at your install very nice fab work and creative ideas.I'm looking for a diesel now.alot easier to register if it's already a diesel.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Thanks guys,
I figured I did OK for a guy that haden't welded since highschool and that was a real long time ago.

Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think the only difference between my 1980 is running gear and grill. I've had the 4BT in my Scout for 6 years. There's a link in my signature for all the pics, and you don't need to shoe horn it in, theres plenty of room.
what kind of fuel mileage are you getting with the 4bt.with what gearing and tires.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
what kind of fuel mileage are you getting with the 4bt.with what gearing and tires.
Mileage report

gears= 3.73
tires=33/10.50r15 BFG muds
trans= NV4500
in town solid 23 mpg
rpm @ 65mph=1870 (approximately) and 28 mpg.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,
I got a 1980 Scout 2 that I want to eventually put a 4bt and a zf manual. My question is:
How big of deal is it to change a Scout 2 auto over to the ZF manual? Would I be better off starting with a manual for any reason? I have two Scouts available. One auto and one t19 manual.

Also, I keep reading that a lot of people prefer to change the drop of the dana 44 to the other side. Is this only to give more room for exhaust or is there other advantages that I am not getting?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts