Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
I have the motor and some time. What would be good with a 4bt in it? any ideas? :rasta:
Find a Boss Hoss with a blown motor? That's one I'd like to see..

·
Detroit Section Caretaker
3,761 Posts
I have the motor and some time. What would be good with a 4bt in it? any ideas? :rasta:
:idea:
My garage, and you are not that far away, so would not cost you that much time to deliver it :D

Seriously though, something you enjoy driving, working on, and looking at. Something you would keep for a long time. Something with easy to get parts that are not very expensive.

Grigg

·
Registered
477 Posts
how about throwing up a list of vehicles you like, maybe we can help you narrow it down to something fun.
I think the Jeeps are nice, but I don't understand which is the best version. I have always been fond of the CJ but I think I read here they are diffucult because of the front axle location??
The Ford pu with small block or 6 cyl / with the manual 5 speed is said to be one of the easiest swaps.
I'm doing a early 60s Chevy pu but have put it on a 80s GM truck chassis. Lots of work in the chassis swap.
In the end it all comes down to what you want.. I love the 39 Chevy rat truck here on the forum. But each person has their own preferences. Some things just won't work with the size and weight of the motor. My truck is low. The motor just clears the front crossmember. The top of my aftercooler just clears the hood. They just won't fit in much other than a suv or truck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
:idea:
My garage, and you are not that far away, so would not cost you that much time to deliver it :D

Seriously though, something you enjoy driving, working on, and looking at. Something you would keep for a long time. Something with easy to get parts that are not very expensive.

Grigg
That about says it all.

I had (had) a 67 Dodge Charger to play with. The taillight lenses alone are $500 to $1000 from old with small cracks to new repop. No fun...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Build from the ground up. 4BT 4x4 go cart.

·
Registered
14 Posts
one of these days, i'm gonna do a Ford Ranger with an 8-speed manual (courtesy of an NP435 and High-Impact gear splitter), dual transfer cases, a pair of 35-spline Ford 9" axles (cause with all that torque, i'ma gonna need it...:grinpimp: ), and 38-40" Interco SX or SX2s.

·
Administrator
4,171 Posts
Find a decent 1/2 Ton pick up truck manufactured before 1968. This way you will be able to drive an antique pre EPA emissions vehicle around the EPA road block that could eventually eliminate engine swaps of the future. :idea:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts