Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of the starter spacer 4 a 4bt with the chevy adapter. Cummins part number 3906647. It's a 16mm thick spacer. Hit me up if you have one for sale.
Also, I'm looking for the stock intake tube for that motor. My motor didn't come with the starter or the intake tube.

·
Registered
11,259 Posts
3906627 is the older part #. It has changed to 3934080. That thing is terribly expensive for such a small item. Around $110-150 depending on supplier. An option could be to change to a Ford 7.3 starter and member Eggman makes a spacer for that. Which intake tube are you looking for? Is the turbo a low rear mount or top center? Which turbo does it have?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up finding an intake tube this weekend. Thanks for the info on the new part number. I got that old number off of one of the old threads. I already have a starter; otherwise, I would go with the 7.3 starter.

·
Registered
11,259 Posts
No problem. You just don't find a lot of those spacers being scrapped. They usually stay with the transmission adapter plate unless someone changes to the 7.3 starter. That thing is so precision machined that sometimes you can't even tell it's on there because the fit is so tight. Both the Ford and GM adapter plate used the same spacer. Dodges were different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Yesterday I went ahead and ordered one from Modern (https://shop.moderngroup.com/3934080-spacer-starting-motor/)
First, I called the local Cummins dealer, and they didn't have any in stock, but they said they had one in TN. They then said it would be 10-15 business days for it to show up unless I wanted to pay freight on it.
After that I placed my order with Modern. They shipped it today. Super fast service from them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts