Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long project in the making, almost 2 years now in my free time. Advised another friend in his swap into a 79 K-5 Blazer which is completed.
My specs will be a stock 4BT probably aftercooled before its all said and done, sm465, d60 front 14FF detriot rear from a CUCV geared 4.56 and a np205 for the time being son to be replaced by a stack with OD or an NV4500...

A picture of dryfitment stock drivetrain

·
Registered
7 Posts
Motor Mounts

Hey man looking good so far. What are you doing for motor mounts? I have a '79 RC that I'm looking to convert and would like to see what kind of setup you're using and want to know if you're going off the crossmember or the frame? Good luck!

Michael

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have completely removed the old motor mounting points and crossmember and am going to fab new ones to the frame to set the motor as far back as possible and as low as possible without jamming the exhaust into the firewall, my 85' RC might be next....:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, how projects come and go, the economy sucks and here I am again, except diving in next week to do this swap into my 88' k-5 I will post pics, so far I plan on going with a lower stall than my current RV converter in my 4l80e using my comp-u-shift controller swap to diesel mode add the 3200 spring and get the truck back on the road within a couple days. For drivetrain I've sold off lots of my projects and parts so we'll see how the stock stuff holds up while I search for new.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
no record time here but I finished my swap 98% and drove it home 38 miles last night uneventfully. 3" straight pipe is LOUD I'll be ordering a muffler soon, I should be able to put a good 100 or so miles on it today we'll see how she does...I did a few things a little less typical like mounted the turbo high and fwd and I'm running a 4l80e, I still have a few things to figure out but so far so good, tons of pics to follow

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
start

empty bay

sound deadened firewall

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
similar... this stuff is made by second skin. The member that turned me onto this stuff has a e350 with this stuff and some other deadening that made me a believer with a 7.3L and a bare interior that van is nearly luxury car quiet, as the funds become available I will be following up some coatings in other spots, this stuff needs 1-4mil coverage to work, so a gallon goes a long way.

diesel tank 22 gal vs old 29gal gas

4bt with auto adapter and wave ring

sitting on mounts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
using a few cool tools

built and installed my new front crossmember

·
3,907 Posts
similar... this stuff is made by second skin. The member that turned me onto this stuff has a e350 with this stuff and some other deadening that made me a believer with a 7.3L and a bare interior that van is nearly luxury car quiet, as the funds become available I will be following up some coatings in other spots, this stuff needs 1-4mil coverage to work, so a gallon goes a long way. ....Edit
Thank you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
really interested in doing a swap that is using a k5 with the lil' cummins. keep the posts coming!!! what size is that cross member tubing?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
off hand I think the tubing was 1 1/4", here is a short video of it running, I have around 6k on the motor since the swap completed late January.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Awsome work, savin up for my swap, an 87 K10 long box. Keep the posts up love it man

1 - 16 of 16 Posts