Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a 4bt into an f100 and I have got a motor in a bredvan. Its got a dually 14 bolt so its probly got a gm trans. I have a ford np435 and 205 t case. WIll this bolt up or do I need a gm trans?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I want to put a 4bt into an f100 and I have got a motor in a bredvan. Its got a dually 14 bolt so its probly got a gm trans. I have a ford np435 and 205 t case. WIll this bolt up or do I need a gm trans?
if the van you have has the gm cummins adaptor it will not bolt up to your np435 ford bellhousing but you could just take it apart, gm cummins adaptor, flywheel and so on and ether sell it and buy what you need or just trade im sure someone on here will trade your gm stuff for there ford stuff try looking in the classified section. steve

·
Registered
89 Posts
What year is this rig? Ive got my eyes on doing a conversion for a friend in a 55 F-100. Looks easy smeasy. I like to look at how others go about it AND if he can see that its possible instead of hearing me yack about it, that helps. Post pics if you get anything going.

·
Registered
454 Posts
how old is your f banger ? i put one in a '77 2wd relatively easy. there is a thread in the buildups section. have a good look at your adaptor. it may have the ford setup on the back already.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a 74' with dana 60 and 14 bolt axles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts