Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at converting my 99 jeep wrangler to a 4BT and was wondering if there was a way to make it put out large ammounts of black smoke without programers (not really a wiring harness) thank you

·
Registered
210 Posts
yes, if you loosen the injectors just a tad, it takes pressure off of the tips and allows much much more fuel to enter creating billowing amounts of smoke :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
i was looking at converting my 99 jeep wrangler to a 4BT and was wondering if there was a way to make it put out large ammounts of black smoke without programers (not really a wiring harness) thank you
Couple of things...

1) unless you've got a common rail 4BT it's just a couple of screwdriver adjustments away.

2) excessive smoke = temperature spikes, abrasive particles in your engine oil, and particles clogging up your turbine. It looks cool to the diesel layman but EXCESSIVE amounts is bad.

Don't go calling me Gale Banks here - I said EXCESSIVE amounts. A little smoke won't hurt much :D

·
Registered
495 Posts
1 it makes diesel's look bad
2 its just throwing $ down your exhaust pipe in unburnt fuel
3 theres no reason for it on the street
4 these engines don't have programmers
just my 0.02¢

·
Registered
172 Posts
i think you need to take a step backward and do a TON of research before you even attempt to try and find an engine to buy

·
Registered
36 Posts
theres a couple thing you need to do and look for:
#1- Crank the fuel all the way up
#2- I believe it is called a "Waterloo turbo delete kit"
#3- Custom High flow injectors; it can simply be done by slightly grinding the tips off the injectors
That should put out all the smoke you want ;) :nuke:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Could be worse lucasbrackins. Had you asked that question on another diesel forum I read...... well just say this is civil.

I get why its bad and don't get me wrong I don't endorse "rolling coal" but why are we so harsh to those that ask. In my mind its no different than a F350 with 12" of lift that has never left the highway. Its a visual thing, the illusion of power. We (gearheads) have been doing it forever. What practical use is there for a stack, or hyd hopper suspention, or spinner rims, or a fake cowl hood, or .......... the list is endless. Again I understand the enviroment and how it makes the sport look but we don't jump all over a guy driving the snot outta a lumpy bigblock thats getting 3MPG or a 8mpg motorhome or .............. But we sure do hammer noobies when they wanna Roll Coal. Sorry. That wasnt suposed to sound so much like a rant.:)

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Could be worse lucasbrackins. Had you asked that question on another diesel forum I read...... well just say this is civil.

I get why its bad and don't get me wrong I don't endorse "rolling coal" but why are we so harsh to those that ask. In my mind its no different than a F350 with 12" of lift that has never left the highway. Its a visual thing, the illusion of power. We (gearheads) have been doing it forever. What practical use is there for a stack, or hyd hopper suspention, or spinner rims, or a fake cowl hood, or .......... the list is endless. Again I understand the enviroment and how it makes the sport look but we don't jump all over a guy driving the snot outta a lumpy bigblock thats getting 3MPG or a 8mpg motorhome or .............. But we sure do hammer noobies when they wanna Roll Coal. Sorry. That wasnt suposed to sound so much like a rant.:)
x2,besides,it just looks plain STUPID!!

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
If all you wanna do is smoke, just rig up some way to dump motor oil or marvel mystery oil down your gassers intake. You can tell all your friends that the really Hi HP engines smoke "white"hot instead of black!

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
If all you wanna do is smoke, just rig up some way to dump motor oil or marvel mystery oil down your gassers intake. You can tell all your friends that the really Hi HP engines smoke "white"hot instead of black!
And,you will just make your buddy,Al Gore angry with you.....then he will want you to rub him in your "special " way....

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
wish-modders strike again...........

You can achieive this AWESOME result right now with your current motor..... drain the oil from your jeep and drive as fast as you can! ITS SOO AWESOME! ROFLCOPTER!

Oh...and make sure you put the aero-turbine in your intake for an increase in MPG by 60%...... stickers add horsepower too

~M

·
Detroit Section Caretaker
3,761 Posts
I think by now we get the idea ....

Locking this thread before it gets out of hand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.