• Offset manifold blanket

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently talked with Shawn at Thermal Zero about a blanket for my hx30w and chopped manifold. He said he thinks he can make one for the chopped manifold fairly easily that would also work on the other centered 4bt manifolds. He also said that he would be interested in making one for the offset manifolds if there was enough interest. He also thinks the hx35W blanket they offer would fit the HX30W. I have one of their manifold blankets on my 6bt as well as turbo blankets on my compounds. They look very nice and fit very well. I had used another companies on my last build and was disappointed in the fit and function. I believe they have black and what they call Lava for color choices. He has asked me if I would send him a link to this thread so he can see what kind of interest there is or questions that might arise, so if this interest you please post your interest here. Here is a link to their company website-Thermal Zero | Thermal Heat Insulation Blanketing and Materials . I have no affiliation with Shawn or Thermal Zero. I have nothing to gain from this other than the hopes of a having something to make my 4bt build better. I am simply posting this here because he asked me what kind of interest did I think there would be and I figured this would be the best place to gauge that. I am sure if this were popular enough he would probably become a vendor on here. Thanks for looking Nicholas

·
Registered
11,054 Posts
There has been someone working on getting a blanket for the HX30W but don't know what progress has been made. The HX30W turbine housing is tiny compared to an HX35. 12cc vs 6cc although there was one industrial HX30W with the 12cc used on a 6bt.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the ISB 3.9. With a HY30W turbo and manifold that turns down between cylinders 3 and 4. I would take both in black.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey all. I received the prototypes Saturday and took a few pictures. After some discussion of the size difference between the HX35 and the HX30W, we decided it would be better if I just sent Shawn a spare housing for him to build a blanket from scratch. It took a little time, but was well worth it.

·
Registered
11,054 Posts
Sounds good. That has been a item that lots could benefit from but just nothing available. Only other option was ceramic coating which is excellent but quite expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts