Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
11,353 Posts
Not a good situation on your son. When that terrible stuff gets hold on you it's not good. I lost a close friend several years back. He fought as hard as he could but it was a no win situation. He made it about 2 years after the discovery. Will keep you and his family in the prayers.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well i'll update my old post . Son has gotten much worse . It's now 11-19-2019 .. He's on a lot of Moriphine .. Some days are better than others ...
... BEEN a long haul .. & We're still fighting . But the end is near.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your son. I wish him and your family the best.

·
Registered
412 Posts
May God be with you and your family. I think the fuel supply issue, electrical over the fuel-on solenoid may be an issue. If there was any type of cold start KSB that might come into play.There are two types and they function differently.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
... Well I Guess I highjacked my own post .But i'M NOT MAD AT MYSELF.
Guys My SON KENNY passed away 11-27-19 MORNING ABOUT 3:20am. Friends & family at his side.
He was 49 years old . Friday night was visitation. About 200 people came by the funeral home ..
tOMORROW sAT. 11-30-19WILL BE THE SERVICE TO close the chapter on his life. He leaves behind Me his Pop. His mother . 4 grown kids .. ALL, HE managed to get Baptized at about age 14. He leave one grand daughter age 4 name for my mother . & One grand son age 6 months . A Girl friend he's know since grade school .
& About 200 friend & family members & co workers from every where. & The funeral tomorrow will be crammed full of more friends . I hate that I've lost my son. Because we were still planning things to do. But I'm so proud of all the people he's reached in 49 years that thought enough to come in very nasty weather tonight & visit.
TOMORROW The CHAPEL will be full of small town folks .
WE have family his cousins from Houston ..Born & raised there .
6 OF THEM we're here tonight .. In Houston they have 20 family come to funerals . THEY'RE LIKE Dude do you guys know everybody from your Home town . I chuckled & pointed see that Guy & his Beautiful wife . He's from the DEEP VALLEY of TEXAS ..& see that guy that looks like a Model or TV star ... He's from Ft Lauderdale FL.
THOSE ARE OKLA & just friends .. Their like wow ...
Man I'm going to miss my best friend.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Pa,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your son. Words fail me...

Russ

·
Registered
272 Posts
Pa, as autodark has said there is now a hug hole in your heart , as wife and I also know ! We lost our youngest son ,2yrs ago Dec 6. He was a good motorcycle mech. & test rider, also cars , but he was a internet consultant / computer tech , was his last vocation . When my wife has computer problems & I ask what is the problem, she will say computer is messed up & I cant figure it out then in tears say & dont have my tek anymore!
Often when I am in my shop, I will look at a tool HE bought me , & tears will fill my eyes !
The night he passed his sister was there videoing , at the exact moment of passing a HALO apeard on the wall forming a window ! Later she returned to the hospital to talk to the Dr., & talked about a certain intern , Doc said we dont have anyone of that description, she showed him the vid , he was MYSTIFIED
Jesus is the rock of my salvation, my shelter in time of storm , fortress in battle , strong & mighty tower . My bible school is www.sonlifetv.com
Robert Mintz

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
good story PaPa ..... I do understand .I lost another Boy back in 1999. Good young man also .25 years old & 3.54gpa grad from college ..
.. It's the only feeling that seems right is that their together again.. Both good men.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm going to try & Look for an air leak in the fuel line coming from the tank to the lift pump.. That fuel line is only about 6 ft long. So I believe I can just replace the entire line & Eliminate that issue. & If that doesn't fix it I'm going to put in a new sending unit & Make sure that isn't the issue.
... I've just not gotten back into working on my Bronco .

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
so I got under my Bronco yesterday . & I felt it was out of fuel. REALLY .. But I could see how that could have happened . SO TODAY I got home from work & filled it up & drove it for about 20 minutes But it died again .. So it wasn't out of fuel .
... I believe my new injection pump is bad. I don't know what else it could be .

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I've put in a new fuel tank .. 2 new fuel filters . A new electric fuel pump .. I use the 24V block side fuel pump . 1st one worked for 10+ years . As I had dirt in my fuel take. I replaced the injection pump ..
This injection pump has been setting up for 10 years before i put it on..
But it runs for about 20 minutes & Dies...

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well I pulled the gas cap yesterday & It didn't change anything .
But that might be a cheaper trick to try one more times .
... I called the man at the Diesel Injection pump repair station that I've used for years .
It's Abilene Texas diesel repair. I used them back when I had my parts house. He listened to my story & He told me to pull my injectors & send them into him. $25.00 to pop & replace one item . & $75.00 IF HE HAD TO Rebuild them . Each . He said rebuilding my old injection pump Was now about $750.00.. But he doesn't think it's the pump.That was good to hear.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
... Also I'll ask does anyone reading this message have a set of VE Pump fuel lines . I have one that is bent & The 3rd line is leaking at the injector . I NEED to buy a set of lines .. Thanks .

·
Selling 4bt & 6bt parts to all of N.America
404 Posts

·
Registered
11,353 Posts
Mark, your injector line set show the injector nuts as 12mm. Didn't the early VE pump injectors have larger nuts? Not sure which Papitt's engine has. Seems I recollect that the line part #'s for the 4bt are the same as the ones on a 6bt Dodge so that could be another part source.

·
404 Posts
Char, not that have ever seen. Every VE engine with injector line nuts on pump end or injector nut end size has been 12mm....the older VE inj pumps had longer & bigger DV holders but still 12mm too.

·
Registered
11,353 Posts
Mark, I just looked through my parts box and I have a 6bt injector here that the threaded part is 14mm not 12mm. The part # on the body is KDAL 59P6 469. They are marked 260 bar which would make one think they are for a P pump application. I believe these were from a '95 Dodge. So maybe it's the later models that had a 14mm and the early ones were 12mm on the VE pump. The injector lines for the early Dodge and the intercooled model are different so maybe the 14mm started with the 91.5 model.

Papitt, not sure what CPL you have but here's the part #'s for the VE injection lines for CPL 858 which is without the aftercooler.
#1 3903480
#2 3903481
#3 3903482
#4 3903483
The ones for CPL 857 which has the aftercooler are as follows.
#1 3904204
#2 3904205
#3 3904206
#4 3904207
I also checked Case industrial but they don't show any of these. Price on the individual lines goes all over the board. The cheapest I found the #3 line 3903482 on ebay was $54.95 shipped.

·
404 Posts
Char, in the case of the Dodge Cummins 6bt as mentioned, the early 1989-1991 non-inter cooled VE engines/pumps had longer/bigger DV holders...not by much but the 1/2" longer difference, which meant slightly different inj lines than the inter cooled 1991.5 - 1993 engines/pumps & lines. All years from 1989-93 used 12mm on both ends of lines & all the VE injectors were 12mm also.

They did not use 14mm injectors in the Dodge applications until 1994 - 1998 for the p7100 engines & injectors. Simple as that.
Your KDAL 59P6 injector holder is a 14mm P-pump injector. KDAL59P7is a 12mm VE or Lucas CAV injector.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts