Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FBF79D18-92CD-486F-8980-08698E475397.jpeg
Got this engine pulled and rebuilt by J&m diesel in Everett wa. They did a great job for what they had to work with. Had a Muncie that was just falling off the back. Original builder hacked itup bad. 6 out of 14 bolts holding the trans on. Wrong mounts. Wrong everything. 5.29 gears. Top speed of 30 mph. I’m just glad I don’t destroy it before I had the chance to fix everything.

what’s been done; new Monroe front end, redhead racing steering gear box, Ballard electric alternator, Alamo turbo,rebuilt rear end with 3.5 gears, new bilstien shocks, new nv4500 trans, Engine bay blasted and coated, undercarriage coated.
Now I get to start building the inside. I’m excited. I started this project ten years ago and finally made enough money to get the work done right.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
An NP-5000 series trans with a GM bolt pattern can bolt right up to your adapter if you would like closer ratios.

Ed in CO.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Great hope you really enjoy yours.
I built mine about 10+ years ago . Mine was about the most dependable Farm truck I'd every had until some one put sand in my fuel tank & That took me about a year to get worked out . But mine is back to running great & I've used it many hours in the last month or 3.
......SO WHAT Body are you putting this 4BT into . Isn't that NP4500 A 5 SPEED . That'll be sweet for a better Hwy gear speed .
... Mine is a 4 speed with 3:55's & I don't normally get mine over 55 mph. Mine is in a 1972 Bronco Pick-up style. Or Half cab if you prefer that name .
... But I normally only use mine on the farm ..
GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I’m running a 4bt Nv4500 , np205 into Dana 60 front and rear 3.55 gear sets . About 70K so far , it’s loud , it rattles , and it’s reliable as the day is long .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts