Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Ford Bronco xlt
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to ask about cooling nozzles, specifically about adding the metal ones like in the common rail engines. I've been searching through posts and found some info about an oil galley that runs in the area that could be used. I still don't have my block at home yet so I'm looking for help on this.

wanted to know if anyone on here has done this or knows of anyone doing this or had done the modification. if the oil galley runs in the right place it would be fairly easy to do well at least for me. being a machinist I have the access to what I need to do it. as well as other machine shops could do this for people too.

along with this i wanted to know what people think about the needing this as compared to just using the factory nozzles. as in if its needed or not. it seems there a few posts where a nozzle clogged up or something happened to it and the engine lost a cylinder. i know how important they are in a heavy working situation so any way wanted to ask.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
There are specific aftermarket metal cooling nozzles for the B series engine. You don't want to try to adapt the common rail style to a standard B series block. XDP is one company that lists the nozzles. They are $49.95 for a set of six. XDP Cummins Piston Oil Squirters XD341 We've had a few members use them and they would be especially good on a twin turbo engine. The plastic ones don't often fail unless they are improperly installed. But a bad one can lead to a piston locking up and possibly a broken rod and cracked block. I believe member Eggman may be using some.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I am running the aluminum ones that flow 20% more IIRC, I do not know if all aluminum ones do. for my engine between feeding 2 turbos and the high flow nozzles I needed the later 6 cyl. oil pump to keep oil pressure where it should be at idle when the engine was above 180*.

·
Registered
95 Ford Bronco xlt
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info on the XPD ones.

i wondered about the oil pump too so thank you on that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts