Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my brother has a step van with a 4BT in it. He bought it years ago and has been using it for storage. I thought he sold it and bought a gasser van. Now he tells me he never sold it and it’s in the back of his property. He says it runs great. He was wondering what it was worth. I told him probably $6,000. I just said that off the top of my head. Am I far off? He sounded like he thought nobody would pay that. I was thinking just the engine/tranny might go for that. (It has an automatic)

I hate to tell him the wrong thing. Please let me know if I’m far off.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Well, used 4bt engines by themselves are getting pretty scarce. If it has the VE pump I'd think $4000-4500 for the engine alone with its transmission and it could go higher. Which transmission adapter it has can influence the price. If it has a Ford or GM manual adapter and flywheel it may be a bit higher than a GM automatic. If he's selling it as a running and driving vehicle then you may be close. Most of those van bodies are aluminum which is worth about $.68/lb.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm buying a 4bt with am NV4500 this week with a transfer case adapter, and lots of parts for my swap for $6k.
The deal includes complete engine/clutch/bellhousing/flywheel/adapter, radiator, fans, intercooler/piping, AC compressor, power steering pump, vacuum pump, rear crossmember, lift pump/fuel lines, fuel tank w/sender, fuel filler neck, boost gauge and pyrometer, and 3" exhaust that will fit my Land Cruiser. The guy pulled it from his land cruiser in favor of LS power and an automatic.
I think I'll pretty much have all I need to get it running in my ride... seems like a good deal to me.
This is my 1st post!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm buying a 4bt with am NV4500 this week with a transfer case adapter, and lots of parts for my swap for $6k.
The deal includes complete engine/clutch/bellhousing/flywheel/adapter, radiator, fans, intercooler/piping, AC compressor, power steering pump, vacuum pump, rear crossmember, lift pump/fuel lines, fuel tank w/sender, fuel filler neck, boost gauge and pyrometer, and 3" exhaust that will fit my Land Cruiser. The guy pulled it from his land cruiser in favor of LS power and an automatic.
I think I'll pretty much have all I need to get it running in my ride... seems like a good deal to me.
This is my 1st post!
Id say you couldn’t hope for an easier swap. Fantastic price if that’s what you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts