Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing plenty of searching on the forums, I have seen tons of threads from 2008 - 2011 with people talking about different rebuild kits OR people saying not to rebuild them because they are cheap to buy (what a time that must had been). Well its 2017 and 4BTs are approaching $5,000 for a frame cut in unknown condition. I have a good running 4bt that burns oil fast and has blow by so it just needs a rebuild. Where do you guys get rebuild kits from and what’s the price?

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,720 Posts
I get 99% of my 4B parts from Cummins. I have a 4B waiting for a rebuild so until then don't know the prices.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The interstate-mcbee kits that I get from Stephen at K & S DIESEL SERVICE have been working quite well. You can reach him at 504.362.2371.
I did source better oil squirters from Cummins locally though. I've heard that a genuine Cummins head gasket should be used but the one that came with the kit has been holding up without issue, so far. I think I paid around 650, shipped, for the kit but don't quote me on that as I've slept since then.

Sent from my mobile look-at device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts